CNBC may go conservative in prime-time

Newsjunkie24

Come to think of it, I respect that CNBC knows it has nothing new to cover after 7 ET (unless it simulcast CNBC I for overseas market updates) so it just airs non news business-related programming. I'll take that over the other networks that use speculation, and partisan commentary to fill dead air. Even when there were reports of shots fired near the Capitol building, CNBC briefly broke into programming, said they'll come back when they know something, and returned to business news. I liked that in comparison to the other cable networks that speculated for a good bit around the events. Many have said CNBC has declined, I don't watch it enough to make that comparison, but I still respect it as a cable news channel. 

On 7/10/2020 at 5:54 PM, tyrannical bastard said:

Going back in time, it seems that Fox News overtook them with their "news coverage" in the evening

"News coverage" because, apparently, you think it was anything but (at least the way I'm reading this).

On 7/12/2020 at 1:11 PM, DENDude said:

I Can see AT&T shutting down CNN in the next few years honestly.  Hell--the Atlanta facilities are up for sale, AT&T doesn't really seem to want to be in the news business anyway.

CNN is moving back into their old Techwood campus, actually. But I do think once the election passes, there will be changes in management as Jeff Zucker's contract run up through the election 

Archived