WREG Getting A New Set?

TennTV1983

Just now, Jterry said:

If WREG is/was planning to move to Baron Lynx, they have yet to make that transition yet. Still using the prior WSI system (just replaces the graphics/banners)

That will happen eventually.

One thing I have noticed while watching the evening newscasts today is that they're utilizing AR (augmented reality) a lot now during their weather segments. Are any other Nexstar stations doing that, or is WREG the first one?

1 hour ago, TennTV1983 said:

One thing I have noticed while watching the evening newscasts today is that they're utilizing AR (augmented reality) a lot now during their weather segments. Are any other Nexstar stations doing that, or is WREG the first one?

Northwest Arkansas has been using it. 

3 hours ago, Jterry said:

If WREG is/was planning to move to Baron Lynx, they have yet to make that transition yet. Still using the prior WSI system (just replaces the graphics/banners)

Nexstar delayed this.

3 hours ago, TennTV1983 said:

Thanks for saying that like I just said corporate delayed WREGs change to Baron and updated Logo and Weather branding to later this year or into 2021.

14 hours ago, JohnnyNews said:

Nexstar delayed this.

Thanks for saying that like I just said corporate delayed WREGs change to Baron and updated Logo and Weather branding to later this year or into 2021.

Why exactly is WREG getting a new logo??? Their current logo is iconic and has been the same since its launch in 1998.

13 minutes ago, NewsGuyTV said:

Why exactly is WREG getting a new logo??? Their current logo is iconic and has been the same since its launch in 1998.

I'd argue that the general logo needs some sprucing up; keep the boxed "3" but change the font or placement of the "NEWSCHANNEL" portion (or at least, condense the existing "NEWSCHANNEL" lettering).

26 minutes ago, NewsGuyTV said:

8 minutes ago, T.L. Hughes said:

I'd argue that the general logo needs some sprucing up; keep the boxed "3" but change the font or placement of the "NEWSCHANNEL" portion (or at least, condense the existing "NEWSCHANNEL" lettering).

I wouldn't mind seeing WREG return to its old "News 3" branding, tbh. The "News Channel" branding is okay, but I think now would be a good time for change.

Wasn’t able to get a screenshot but noticed during Daybreak that their traffic center is in front of a glass etching map of the city of Memphis which is a very nice touch. They definitely put a lot of unique thought into the design.

The article on their website hinted at throwbacks to past logos but haven’t caught that as yet.

Archived