KTTV - Fox 11 News Thread

Roadrunner

Super confused. I watched the 5pm news and noticed it looked familiar. I took a look at some of the pics/links posted above from earlier. It appears KTTV kept their old desk and added another set as well. Anyone remember the old KABC days on Prospect Ave. where they utilized 2 different sets? I included a link to the 2 different KABC sets below.

Tony McEwing alluded this morning to the fact that the studio space is massive. The station is trying to make the most of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Coming from Philadelphia last year and longing for something as different (to put it lightly) as Good Day Philadelphia, I’ve found the LA options sorely lacking. Every time I turned on KTTV, aside from headlines it always seemed it was Michaela doing her best passionate-nodding-and-understanding-eyes Oprah impression during some interview. If she were to end up at KCAL, I’d hope it would be as part of more of an ensemble presentation (like the CBS sister operation in Sacramento or the aforementioned Philadelphia broadcast)

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 3:36 AM, PhillyWatch said:

Coming from Philadelphia last year and longing for something as different (to put it lightly) as Good Day Philadelphia, I’ve found the LA options sorely lacking. Every time I turned on KTTV, aside from headlines it always seemed it was Michaela doing her best passionate-nodding-and-understanding-eyes Oprah impression during some interview. If she were to end up at KCAL, I’d hope it would be as part of more of an ensemble presentation (like the CBS sister operation in Sacramento or the aforementioned Philadelphia broadcast)

None of the comments in the two threads on Fox 11's page on Twitter about her departure are complementary to her. They're still up.

On Facebook, Fox 11 put up her departure video and disabled the ability to comment. They've since deleted the video.

I highly doubt she will resurface in Los Angeles ever again.

• Like 3

Only speculation, but here's what I think happened. We all know the ND recently departed, she was the one that brought Michaela on and revamped the format. With the ND gone, I'm sure there will be plans to blow up the GDLA format yet again. I assume Michaela didn't fit in with those plans so she most likely was let out of her contract early. There was a lot of writing on the wall. Michaela initially solo anchored the show from 7-10am with Tony and Araksya appearing a few times an hour with headlines and other stories. Now all three start off the show at the desk. Brooke Thomas appears to be a rising star at KTTV, so I'm sure she will have a greater role if a revamped GDLA comes to frution. KTLA just continues to sit and dominate. Can't wait to see what KCAL does when their show launches next month. Haven't seen any promos or offical announcemnts for that show just yet.

• Like 1

KTTV should get back to what made them a powerhouse in the mornings for so long that at one point their format even went national. 2 sets of anchors for the the two blocks of 4-10am. It’s the same format that is working perfectly at FOX and CW affiliates nation wide. What they’ve been trying to do the last decade or so is terribly disjointed.

On 8/24/2022 at 8:01 PM, bogusabc7breakingnews said:

Hmmm.  What are the odds she’ll end up on KCAL 9 morning news?? 

If her less-than two years' tenure with  "Good Day LA" hardly caused a breeze much less put a dent into KTLA's  dominant morning news block, I can't imagine what would prompt her to go with KCAL. She'd probably make too much money for Viacom anyway.   And if someone bolts to go down the dial to a rival,  isn't that usually kept silent, the anchor simply disappears without a word?        But I could be completely wrong.

On 8/28/2022 at 3:37 PM, MorningNews said:

KTTV should get back to what made them a powerhouse in the mornings for so long that at one point their format even went national. 2 sets of anchors for the the two blocks of 4-10am. It’s the same format that is working perfectly at FOX and CW affiliates nation wide. What they’ve been trying to do the last decade or so is terribly disjointed.

Agreed.  GDLA has had an identity crisis for that decade.  People made fun of Jillian and Dorothy, but the show hasn't been relevant since, even with Steve trying to work the same format with their replacements.    I think it's true that more of a "news" format with Tony McEwing and whomever should be the foundation of the first two hours or so and let the lighter "morning show"  idea take it from there.

Edited by Nick

2 hours ago, Nick said:

If she's no longer going to anchor on weekends,  I hope Susan Hirasuna, one of the station's real veteran pros, will stay in a reporting role.

Sounds like Susan stays on as co-anchor.

https://tvnewscheck.com/journalism/article/christina-pascucci-joins-kttv-as-weekend-evening-anchor/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Devin said:

Looks like KTTV expanded Good Day LA into the 10am hour and it’s moving Special Report to 6pm also expanding it a hour.

After September 9th the Noon newscast isn’t scheduled anymore 

All schedules show the same thing.

On Monday, Sept. 12th, the 10:00am hour will still be there, the noon news will be gone, and the 6:00pm news will be a full hour, finally giving KTLA its first competition at 6:30pm since its newscast launch in 2009.

The thing confusing me the most is, KTLA had to know Courtney Friel was not going to sign a new contract, so why not take her off the air and pay her out or push her to reporting to keep Christina? The Scucc is, IMO, a ton more credible and stronger than Friel now KTLA is without either of them come next month.