Stu Mundel left KCBS/KCAL9 news

INLAND MAN!

FTV is reporting Stu will end up on GDLA reporting from 4-10am in SkyFox. Huge get for FOX11. Rick Dickert is popular as well, so I am wondering where he goes after this. He has been at KTTV for years. Before he made his on air debut, he was Jillian Barberie's weather producer way back in the day. Rick was doing weather on the 6pm and 10pm shows during May sweeps. Pablo Pereira was doing weather at noon and 5pm. I wouldn't mind seeing Rick on the later shows.

6 hours ago, FiveNews said:

FTV is reporting Stu will end up on GDLA reporting from 4-10am in SkyFox. Huge get for FOX11. Rick Dickert is popular as well, so I am wondering where he goes after this. He has been at KTTV for years. Before he made his on air debut, he was Jillian Barberie's weather producer way back in the day. Rick was doing weather on the 6pm and 10pm shows during May sweeps. Pablo Pereira was doing weather at noon and 5pm. I wouldn't mind seeing Rick on the later shows.

Supposedly from my Helicopter list, FOX 11 and KCBS/KCAL share the same helicopter.  FOX11 has a reporter up in the morning and KCBS/KCAL reporter in the PM.  KCBS/KCAL just take images in mornings and KTTV gets images in the PM.  

2 hours ago, rkolsen said:

Supposedly from my Helicopter list, FOX 11 and KCBS/KCAL share the same helicopter.  FOX11 has a reporter up in the morning and KCBS/KCAL reporter in the PM.  KCBS/KCAL just take images in mornings and KTTV gets images in the PM.  

That’s my understanding as well.  

• 2 weeks later...

CBSLA needs to get someone in that helicopter for their portion at night.  Their coverage of pursuits suck.  Last night one of the anchors said the suspect was going south when he was in fact on an east/west freeway.  Then another fool said the guy was in Orange County when he was at the 91/710 interchange.  They’re a joke rn.  

Yeah, the other day they had a retired LAPD on the phone and Pat Harvey covering a pursuit with a play by play. Very awkward since his signal he was watching the coverage on was delayed. 

Stu officially debuted from SkyFox on GDLA today at 5AM and his adrenaline was palpable like no other (cc: his twitter). Ah, good ol' Stu. IIRC, Rick Dickert is moving to weeknights weather, according to Rita. Also 'lol' when Rita was like, "we won't talk about that other station, but tell us more about how you got started..." (rough paraphrase iirc).

Archived