Part of Your Life: Created in 1974 for WBTV

Newspapers.com is a great resource whenever I have the time to take advantage of the free trial. I found this gem of an article from the Charlotte Observer which details the creation of Al Ham's Part of Your Life for WBTV, which was created after research showed that viewers did not like the previous news theme (not sure what it was, as I couldn't find an article that referenced it). There are two entries in the NMSA before 1974 for WGR and WHO, and it's likely those are incorrect but both could have been among the first clients in 1974. Several MCTYW clients, including the Meredith-owned stations, would switch to Part of Your Life by 1977.

The_Charlotte_Observer_Wed__Aug_7__1974_.jpg

1 hour ago, capsgm2002 said:

Newspapers.com is a great resource whenever I have the time to take advantage of the free trial. I found this gem of an article from the Charlotte Observer which details the creation of Al Ham's Part of Your Life for WBTV, which was created after research showed that viewers did not like the previous news theme (not sure what it was, as I couldn't find an article that referenced it). There are two entries in the NMSA before 1974 for WGR and WHO, and it's likely those are incorrect but both could have been among the first clients in 1974. Several MCTYW clients, including the Meredith-owned stations, would switch to Part of Your Life by 1977.

The_Charlotte_Observer_Wed__Aug_7__1974_.jpg

Interesting. BTW, Al Ham's other masterpiece (Move Closer to Your World) was heard on WSOC at that time.

Archived