WFLA getting new set

TampaBowler

5 hours ago, MarkBRollins88_v2 said:

Yikes... I’m just gonna have to file this one under “awful everything”

They could’ve used DIN for the lower thirds like the NBC O&Os or Gotham or the font that fellow NexSTARer, KSNT uses...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/10/2020 at 4:40 PM, TampaBowler said:

WFLA 2.JPG

WFLA 3.JPG

Did he switch sides of the desk during the show exclusively for that shot? That seems silly.

On 8/11/2020 at 4:02 PM, carolinanews4 said:

Those aren't static duratrans. The walls behind the main anchor desk, the weather center, and the flex area with three movable screens are LED walls. It looks like for their debut, they used live camera shots which could explain a bit of dullness. I'm sure the quality will improve as time goes on and the WFLA team can tweak the product. Personally, I think high quality pre-recorded footage would deliver a better picture than a live tower or beach cam feed. But the live camera does have the ability to reflect real time conditions. So if it is raining outside, it is raining in the studio. 

This is what they should do. I see it now that you've pointed it out. It looks extremely drab. It's also difficult (from stills at least) to tell what that shot in the weather center even is.

53 minutes ago, MidwestTV said:

Did he switch sides of the desk during the show exclusively for that shot? That seems silly.

This is what they should do. I see it now that you've pointed it out. It looks extremely drab. It's also difficult (from stills at least) to tell what that shot in the weather center even is.

Yes that's exactly what he did I watched it.

• 1 year later...

Yes! I said that right after they got it. The anchors look like they are in the dark. The old set, the colors popped and the anchors had a beautiful glow. No idea how no one at FLA noticed that and did anything about it. Spent all that money on a new set for the anchors to look dark and dingy. 

4 hours ago, newsman123 said:

Yes! I said that right after they got it. The anchors look like they are in the dark. The old set, the colors popped and the anchors had a beautiful glow. No idea how no one at FLA noticed that and did anything about it. Spent all that money on a new set for the anchors to look dark and dingy. 

I agree. Get rid of the stairs, too.

6 hours ago, 8Viewer said:

I agree. Get rid of the stairs, too.

The stairs are actually functional connecting to their second floor. Their previous set had spiral staircase in the same area. The station most likely requested to keep access. 

Archived