WFLA getting new set

TampaBowler

1 hour ago, JohnnyNews said:

VIA FACEBOOK. Here’s a test weather graphic that was posted on Facebook, I don’t think this is the final since the typeface Isn’t changed yet. 

E8E63BE5-43D9-4A1B-A852-199F19604B49.jpeg

That looks very similar to what WKRN might be getting color-scheme wise.

On 7/19/2020 at 5:45 PM, ABC 7 Denver said:

Also, WKRN isn't using this package.

October 1.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ScottSchell said:

Probably because Nexstar wants them to or they wanted to so they can keep up with their sister stations. 

I've continued to theorized that a graphics change at KFOR, to keep up with their Nexstar neighbors.

7 hours ago, ScottSchell said:

Probably because Nexstar wants them to or they wanted to so they can keep up with their sister stations. 

Yet there are red headed step children who are using god awful MG-esque packages like WLNS and WBTW 

This is like Sinclair... They have stations constantly updating/refreshing graphics packages/sets and then there's red headed stepchildren who are forgotten about altogether.

9 minutes ago, newsman123 said:

Ugh. I hate the small desk too. That seems

to be a trend. I miss the big strong desks of the 90s and 2000s, that made sets look BIG. These little desks make sets look small cramped and weak. 

This seems like the result of a new CSD, Paul Spingola.

That trend isn't repeated on any BDI set.

1 hour ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

I just knew they were going to keep the stupid basic Arial font... Set looks fantastic though!

It’s not Arial it’s Helvetica. And I did too but it’s still the KOIN 6 Package and the set is similar to there NW sister station. 

I don't know if it's the social distancing but the anchor desk--really the whole space--doesn't feel well utilized in practice on air.

The previous set had a bit more texture and depth to it, and the new one doesn't quite capture that.

12 hours ago, TSSZNews said:

I don't know if it's the social distancing but the anchor desk--really the whole space--doesn't feel well utilized in practice on air.

The previous set had a bit more texture and depth to it, and the new one doesn't quite capture that.

There is something really flat about the look. Nice ideas, just not crazy about the execution...

The set idea is really good.  But I agree with others that the on-air execution isn't quite so great.

The duratrans behind the anchors seems a bit duller than I expected.  They need several more lights to remove the dark areas in the backdrop.

On 7/24/2020 at 3:13 PM, TheGuru said:

Looks like the debut should just around the corner. 

1000418233_wflapeep.jpg.298fff072f670acc6d6649a4aff487df.jpg

The duratrans would look so much better if it looked as vivid as this.  I'm not sure why they would then decide to make it look as bland as it now looks. 

I think the set could look much better if they enhance the lighting and make the duratrans as vivid as portrayed in the picture above.

1 hour ago, TheRyan said:

The duratrans behind the anchors seems a bit duller than I expected.  They need several more lights to remove the dark areas in the backdrop.

The duratrans would look so much better if it looked as vivid as this.  I'm not sure why they would then decide to make it look as bland as it now looks. 

Those aren't static duratrans. The walls behind the main anchor desk, the weather center, and the flex area with three movable screens are LED walls. It looks like for their debut, they used live camera shots which could explain a bit of dullness. I'm sure the quality will improve as time goes on and the WFLA team can tweak the product. Personally, I think high quality pre-recorded footage would deliver a better picture than a live tower or beach cam feed. But the live camera does have the ability to reflect real time conditions. So if it is raining outside, it is raining in the studio. 

Archived