WFLA getting new set

TampaBowler

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/24/2020 at 12:44 PM, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

Interesting.... hopefully they get a better graphics package too... Their current package is garbage

Maybe they’ll get the KOIN package it fits them and their new set from what we’ve seen.

On 7/12/2020 at 3:07 PM, TennTV1983 said:

It definitely looks like FX took the lessons from building KOIN's news set and improved on the design for WFLA to use. The yellow cables are a nice nod to the Sunshine Skyway Bridge near St. Petersburg.

sunshine-skyway-bridge1.jpg

You stole that thought from me I was think the same thin!!!

7 hours ago, MichiganNewsGraphicsJunkie said:

Anything is better than the current POS package

Which is seriously why WITI needs a new set.

5 hours ago, TheGuru said:

The KOIN package would make the most sense. It's Nexstar's one and only "large market" look (used by KOIN, WKRN, etc) unless they get to roll out something completely different.

Too bad the design aesthetic isn't that of a large market. Linear Drift's product has such a stilted, old-school feel. It lacks the detail that I and many design professionals expect in a design package. The animations are just not ramped well either.

Also, WKRN isn't using this package.

WFLA's graphics are similar to the ones used at WKRN and WCMH, and even KELO (before they switched to the CBS package)...WFLA has different fonts on theirs and if I recall correctly,  preceded the launch on WCMH.

You don't see a lot of the NBC package being used (like with WSAV and WCBD), maybe WFLA will pick it up?  It's probably my favorite of the network-based packages Nexstar is using.

I do like the KOIN package, it's very clean and not overly 3D...fits very well for a station like WJHL that has multiple affiliations and simulcasts their news on both most times.

34 minutes ago, tyrannical bastard said:

WFLA's graphics are similar to the ones used at WKRN and WCMH, and even KELO (before they switched to the CBS package)...WFLA has different fonts on theirs and if I recall correctly,  preceded the launch on WCMH.

That's because the package predates Nexstar. It's from Media General. It was produced at WFLA when it was the Media General Graphics hub.

On 7/17/2020 at 11:37 AM, TampaBowler said:

You would think so, but KOIN has the same cable feature on their set. Maybe just a happy accident?

NCS_KOIN-6-News_010.jpg.jpeg

Perhaps. But it definitely has more of a "Floridian" look compared to its Northwestern counterpart.

On 7/24/2020 at 5:34 PM, Mrtraveler01 said:

And it does look like they're getting the KOIN graphics package based on that monitor.

Yep they’re getting the KOIN package so this would be the 4th station to get it which is cool actually. I personally heard someone say that they were going with the NBC package but decided not to.

On 7/27/2020 at 11:54 AM, JohnnyNews said:

Yep they’re getting the KOIN package so this would be the 4th station to get it which is cool actually. I personally heard someone say that they were going with the NBC package but decided not to.

Anyone know when they are gonna debut the new set and graphics. And if they are going with Baron Weather Graphics Full time?

On 7/24/2020 at 3:13 PM, TheGuru said:

Looks like the debut should just around the corner. 

1000418233_wflapeep.jpg.298fff072f670acc6d6649a4aff487df.jpg

That desk leaves a lot to be desired there could be more printed graphics, it look like a basic weather desk a lot could be desired otherwise, it’s a nicely wonderful weather center, can wait to see the rest!!!

4 minutes ago, Gavin said:

That desk leaves a lot to be desired there could be more printed graphics, it look like a basic weather desk a lot could be desired otherwise, it’s a nicely wonderful weather center, can wait to see the rest!!!

Looks sharp to me. Much better than that station across the bay that does weather in front of a video wall!

Just now, 8Viewer said:

Looks sharp to me. Much better than that station across the bay that does weather in front of a video wall!

What station are you referring to now!!!

1 minute ago, 8Viewer said:

1 minute ago, 8Viewer said:

Oh you mean WTSP CBS Tampa Bay yeah there newsroom set is whack!!!

29 minutes ago, TampaBowler said:

The set will debut August 10.
And I like the weather desk. Considering the walls behind them are all monitors that will display different things, I think it was important to have a simplified pod.

Is there an ad or promo to confirm this??

Archived