Oops, WFTS

kmetz

4 hours ago, ns8401 said:

That sounds like a master control issue. With that function hubbed odd things happen...

Meaning WFTS isn't getting a source feed and then just putting the graphics overlay on it? 

1 hour ago, kmetz said:

Meaning WFTS isn't getting a source feed and then just putting the graphics overlay on it? 

The bug is also missing so that's one indication of part of the problem. I would assume they do the graphics locally but the bug is beamed in from Indy if I understand the system correctly.

Singular Live is a web platform the Scripps digital desk uses that puts graphics on web streams, and distributes the stream to numerous endpoints at once. This isn't routed through any sort of technical control center, it's all done from a web browser at someone's desk. There's not really an opportunity for local branding on these streams, as it's one stream being sent to all of the Scripps Facebook pages at once.

For some reason, they often forget to take the Singular branding off of it. Seen this dozens of times in the past few months.

2 hours ago, Weeters said:

Singular Live is a web platform the Scripps digital desk uses that puts graphics on web streams, and distributes the stream to numerous endpoints at once. This isn't routed through any sort of technical control center, it's all done from a web browser at someone's desk. There's not really an opportunity for local branding on these streams, as it's one stream being sent to all of the Scripps Facebook pages at once.

For some reason, they often forget to take the Singular branding off of it. Seen this dozens of times in the past few months.

Oh I get it now... for some reason I was under the impression this was on the air. 

Archived