WCTI rolling out new set Monday at 5 p.m.

FmrENCNewser

Nearly two years after a hurricane took away their set and facility, WCTI will roll out their new set at 5 p.m. Monday. They put out a preview video and, despite the creative editing, it looks like a big improvement for them and the market. For those with FB, here's a link to the video:

I guess we'll see in about an hour. I haven't watched their newscasts lately so I wasn't sure if any of the graphics were new this morning. With the tropical storm off the coast, they went ahead and had their morning met broadcast from the new weather center. They didn't give us a look at the rest of the set though.

In the same building, I believe. They just gutted it and rebuilt everything from the ground up. Not sure what they did to try and prevent a flood event in the future. From the promo they just aired, it looks like new graphics package.

2 hours ago, tyrannical bastard said:

Could this also mean a full switch to the Sinclair on-air look?  They've had the J-Bar for a while now with the old Bonten graphics....

Looks like they have switched to the Sinclair on-air look partially. Still using old WX graphics atm.
 image.png.603bc7349c6ad45995a9177e43304b10.png
image.png.8e62bcf2c7ffa68861e1a57ecb997b46.png

image.png.6497d3cdfa9c79df27a76ce21d9ce6f2.png

Archived