Andy Lack out at NBC

MorningNews

This should've happen a long time ago.

37 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

Noah Oppenheim seemed to be the natural successor but this moves sounds like he will be on the way out next.

From Deadline Hollywood:

The company also said its news networks will be organized into a single unit and led by Cesar Conde, who assumes the newly created role of Chairman, NBCUniversal News Group, which now includes NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC. NBC News Group President Andy Lack has decided to step down and will transition out of the company at the end of the month. Noah Oppenheim, President of NBC News; Phil Griffin, President of MSNBC; and Mark Hoffman, Chairman of CNBC; will now report to Conde.

49 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

This should've happen a long time ago.

From Deadline Hollywood:

Ironically they forgot Noticias Telemundo. But that mean the news division will literally executively and editorially be ran by Blacks and Latinos. With Lestor Holt Chief Anchor and Managing Editor of Nightly News and Jose-Diaz Balart chief anchor and managing editor of "Noticias Telemundo" that mean network-wise that's history.  Now I'm not sure about MSNBC, and I don't watch CNBC but, MSNBC gotta go Phil Griffith is the liberial filth he needs to go. To liberial. But this means after the non-compete clause of Shep Smith expires he will join MSNBC.

Good. Considering the rumors and confirmed reports negatively surrounding him spanning the past several years and his rejecting Ronan Farrow's report on Harvey Weinstein, this is totally well-deserved. It really should've happened years ago, but better here and now than later.

8 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Ironically they forgot Noticias Telemundo. But that mean the news division will literally executively and editorially be ran by Blacks and Latinos. With Lestor Holt Chief Anchor and Managing Editor of Nightly News and Jose-Diaz Balart chief anchor and managing editor of "Noticias Telemundo" that mean network-wise that's history.  Now I'm not sure about MSNBC, and I don't watch CNBC but, MSNBC gotta go Phil Griffith is the liberial filth he needs to go. To liberial. But this means after the non-compete clause of Shep Smith expires he will join MSNBC.

You mean Phil Griffin the president of MSNBC? 

Bill Griffith is an anchor with CNBC. (https://www.cnbc.com/bill-griffeth/)

The grouch over at ftvlive.com has it on his site.

Thoughts? NBC News stills seems strong.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2020/5/4/breaking-andy-lack-to-step-down-at-nbc-news

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

I hardly think Phil Griffith is liberal, they just found their niche after years of coming up with different ideas that didn't stick. They're ratings have been solid beating CNN.  With Conrona CNN has picked up some steam. If MSNBC is too liberal then are you upset with FOX NEWS being too conservative? Both networks cater to their audience right?

It's interesting for sure. I think MSNBC is the best it's been in the past few years, and I don't see any talent/programming changes yet. Now that Mark Hoffman will report to Conde, I wonder if CNBC will make any changes. Most of their personalities seem to be there a long time. I wouldn't mind it if Rick Santelli or Joe Kernen left the network.

3 hours ago, Breaking News said:

The grouch over at ftvlive.com has it on his site.

Thoughts? NBC News stills seems strong.

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2020/5/4/breaking-andy-lack-to-step-down-at-nbc-news

I hardly think Phil Griffith is liberal, they just found their niche after years of coming up with different ideas that didn't stick. They're ratings have been solid beating CNN.  With Conrona CNN has picked up some steam. If MSNBC is too liberal then are you upset with FOX NEWS being too conservative? Both networks cater to their audience right?

Nope. I'm not upset with FOX News. Ther fair and balanced. MSNBC from like 3 P.M.- 12 A.M. Have nothing but liberial spin proggraming at least FOX has the meaning its name News 

23 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Nope. I'm not upset with FOX News. Ther fair and balanced. MSNBC from like 3 P.M.- 12 A.M. Have nothing but liberial spin proggraming at least FOX has the meaning its name News 

This statement is not grounded in reality by any means and I’m a staunch defender of Fox News anchors like Bret Baier, Martha McCallum and Chris Wallace. Even the more newsier formats on Fox have a right slant. Nothing against that but let’s be real here. There is non-partisan research dedicated to the entire phenomenon of FNC’s approach to news including their visual elements and the disproportionate level of conservatives invited to appear on the network. I enjoy FNC’s programming but every hour of programming on the network has a conservative slant because it’s in the DNA.

CNN and MSNBC have aggressively moved to the left over the last decade but FNC has been firmly to the right for much longer than that.

4 hours ago, Newsjunkie24 said:

It's interesting for sure. I think MSNBC is the best it's been in the past few years, and I don't see any talent/programming changes yet. Now that Mark Hoffman will report to Conde, I wonder if CNBC will make any changes. Most of their personalities seem to be there a long time. I wouldn't mind it if Rick Santelli or Joe Kernen left the network.

I know he's CNBC's biggest star, but Jim Crammer is sounding more and more senial by the day. He is rapidly approaching Chris Matthews level's of incoherence. I hope he retires soon.

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[Breathe]

HA.

13 hours ago, atlnews2 said:

I know he's CNBC's biggest star, but Jim Crammer is sounding more and more senial by the day. He is rapidly approaching Chris Matthews level's of incoherence. I hope he retires soon.

I don't see Jim retiring soon. I know he and his show Mad Money is very popular with CNBC'S audience. I actually like watching it for the entertainment value alone. I think the show retires along with Jim. I think he might have 5 years left before retirement.

Archived