Wtf is this world coming to?

14 hours ago, GoldenShine9 said:

The MAGA extremists in action there. (As in the most extreme of the extreme - not the "average" Trump voters).

Real objective reporting there!

15 hours ago, TheRyan said:

Was that really necessary?

What exactly was wrong with the comment? Today’s protest in Harrisburg had as many Trump 2020 signs as it did people. I mean the correlation is extremely high - that’s a fact. I haven’t seen not one Biden signs at these protests. 

My point was that there's no need to bring partisan politics in the equation.  Whatever was purported or claimed to  have happened should not be used to smear a group of people. 

Although I will just broadly say as gently as I can that not everybody here is a liberal. 

That is all I choose to say in the matter.

3 hours ago, TheRyan said:

My point was that there's no need to bring partisan politics in the equation.  Whatever was purported or claimed to  have happened should not be used to smear a group of people. 

Although I will just broadly say as gently as I can that not everybody here is a liberal. 

The problem is that politics and the people protesting are intertwined. It’s kind of hard to separate them when 99% of the people protesting (at least in Harrisburg today) are also holding Trump signs. If there were little to no political signs at these rallies, then it would be unfair to connect these two. This is not to say that all Trump supporters are protesters, but it appears that all protesters are Trump supporters. And I should point out that MAGA (Trump supporters) was what original poster commented on, not conservatives per se.

And I know not everyone here is liberal, and you too shouldn’t make that assumption either as I myself am center-right. But I’m not one of these brainwashed people who believes everything I see on TV (and I’m speaking about people on the far right AND far left). I call it like I see it, plain and simple, and I think for myself. 

On 4/20/2020 at 5:43 PM, TheRyan said:

The issue of COVID-19 and protests IS a partisan issue though, unfortunately. And there is no denying the fact that there is a high correlation between those who support trump and those who have been protesting (aka the "MAGA Extremists.")

However; as we all should know, correlation does not equal causation. I'll say it, i'm about as blue as they get, but the people who go to these protests are not a representative sample of the majority of those who support Trump. 

And finally, regardless of political affiliation, every single protester should be rounded up and penalized to the fullest extent of their respective state laws. It's disgusting. 

Archived