Olympic Rings in the Bug?

RCA TK47

I noticed today during NBC daytime that they don't have them, but some affiliates are still rocking them in their bugs during regular programming & news.   Anybody know if NBC has offered any instructions to affiliates to dump them and bring them back in January 2021?  Just curious.  I couldn't see stations hanging onto them for the next year and a half.  Seems like overkill.

1 hour ago, RCA TK47 said:

I noticed today during NBC daytime that they don't have them, but some affiliates are still rocking them in their bugs during regular programming & news.   Anybody know if NBC has offered any instructions to affiliates to dump them and bring them back in January 2021?  Just curious.  I couldn't see stations hanging onto them for the next year and a half.  Seems like overkill.

As of today, it looks like they are not being used by WNBC for now.   

KNTV still has it on its daytime programming. However the Newscast and Social Media photos  has been reverted back to the regular logo.

ive noticed NBC Bay Area added a Stock Market bug underneath the time, temp icon on its newscast today.

Also all Telemundo stations to some extent will drop them don't know yet!!! Don't know about the other Universal Networks. Actually Telemundo stations dropped them as of today.

On 3/30/2020 at 4:42 PM, RCA TK47 said:

Before the push-back, NBC was using the olympics bug on all programming EXCEPT for SNL, which used the standard NBC one.

• 9 months later...

I'm sure we all knew the Olympics had a very tenuous chance of actually happening, but the allure of hope can be very addicting. Nonetheless, if this news story from News Corp's The Times in the UK becomes widely corroborated (already spreading like wildfire) and an official announcement is made, then the Olympics season will officially (again) be in the dumps and the rings in the NBC bugs will be for moot once again. [gratuitous Bill Hader reaction video here]

......until next year (right? right???!)

Archived