Rafer Weigel on ‘Chicago Fire’

Jase

Was catching up on some TV & this caught my eye. Rafer played a business executive on last Wednesday’s episode of ‘Chicago Fire.’ I’m guessing this was filmed about 6-8 weeks ago.

What’s interesting is that he is credited as Rafer Bryan and not Weigel. Not sure if he has acted before and thus used the last name Bryan.

53756F2E-AF88-4E4E-961C-645332D4E4A3.jpeg.da5fabf216310a177161c7e7eb54b901.jpeg

He acted a ton of times, before jumping to the news biz.

This Daily Herald piece from February, explains his reasoning of the name.

"I got the part. It's a one-shot deal that should air in the next few weeks.

"If I don't wind up on the cutting room floor, I will be credited as 'Rafer Brian.' That's my first and middle names and initially the name I wanted to use as an actor but didn't because I wanted to stay perfect in what I perceived as the Weigel mold."

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

He acted a ton of times, before jumping to the news biz.

This Daily Herald piece from February, explains his reasoning of the name.

I figured as much. You gotta do whatever to pay the bills.

46 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

Tom Skilling actually had a part in the 2005 film The Weather Man, which was filmed in Chicago.

A lot of past and current Chicago media people have done tv, movies, etc... I was caught off guard a bit seeing Rafer in a non-media type of role. For what it's worth, he was okay.  

Archived