NEWS 4 NEW YORK (WNBC) Vintage Music

I have been looking for a clean copy of the music used by WNBC during 1980-1988. I have several cuts but there's a lot more to that package. It was a synthesized package composed by Scott Sherer. I have looked everywhere, contacted other stations that used the music, even spoke to an audio engineer who worked at WNBC at the time. She couldn't get me more than the open and one bumper. And the composer told me he lost the music reels over the years due to poor cataloging. 

I worked as a reporter and news director all across the country and collected hundreds of news themes.

I have literally been searching since I was 16. 40-years! Reward if you have it.

• 2 months later...
On 3/30/2020 at 6:54 PM, sfomspphl said:

Great sleuthing

Another missing NBC mystery are the NewsCenter II cuts for KNBC by Michael Randall in various stages from the mid to late 80s

Have you tried contacting the station or checking networknewsmusic.com ?

Archived