Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
noggi

DC TV Stations Team Up

Recommended Posts

 Not every day that you work with your “competitors” on a promo but local news is your news In this together

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, nickp said:

 Not every day that you work with your “competitors” on a promo but local news is your news In this together

T

There go to hatin' each other again whenever this stops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, noggi said:

Wanted to share this promo which started running last night on air and in digital spaces in the DC market

 

https://www.facebook.com/WUSA9/posts/10159684883884778

 

1900843194_PROMOTAGV2(0-00-01-29).thumb.png.dd6e1fd43ac41d05a15077547c12a5c9.png

 

It is together, especially in a crisis like this. WRC, WTTG, WJLA and 24/7 News, WUSA, WTOP Radio and The Washington Post, all together providing news on COVID-19. Its wonderful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

 

It is together, especially in a crisis like this. WRC, WTTG, WJLA and 24/7 News, WUSA, WTOP Radio and The Washington Post, all together providing news on COVID-19. It's wonderful

Where Telemundo and Univision???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Where Telemundo and Univision???

 

I know. I know. But I don't think the anchors would like to translate it into Spanish with Spanish anchors from WFDC and WZDC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

 

I know. I know. But I don't think the anchors would like to translate it into Spanish with Spanish anchors from WFDC and WZDC.

They can speak English, or do it in Spanish with some translation in the bottom.

Edited by Gavin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or they could have the English language stations speak the phrase in Spanish.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, noggi said:

Wanted to share this promo which started running last night on air and in digital spaces in the DC market

 

https://www.facebook.com/WUSA9/posts/10159684883884778

 

1900843194_PROMOTAGV2(0-00-01-29).thumb.png.dd6e1fd43ac41d05a15077547c12a5c9.png

 

Wow, mind-blowing promo.

 

I wonder what other markets would do this.  Guess it would depend on how long the virus is the story, and how cooperative local stations would feel (especially the way certain owners are or might be).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting, but I don't really see the point. Why promote the other stations? They can do the same exact type of promo with their own talent. And if they wanted to do something together, they could all make the same promo with the same style/script/graphics, but with their own talent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atlanta TV stations teamed up together to all air a virtual town hall on March 26th. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.