DC TV Stations Team Up

noggi

53 minutes ago, nickp said:

Not every day that you work with your “competitors” on a promo but local news is your news In this together

T

There go to hatin' each other again whenever this stops.

5 hours ago, noggi said:

Wanted to share this promo which started running last night on air and in digital spaces in the DC market

https://www.facebook.com/WUSA9/posts/10159684883884778

1900843194_PROMOTAGV2(0-00-01-29).thumb.png.dd6e1fd43ac41d05a15077547c12a5c9.png

It is together, especially in a crisis like this. WRC, WTTG, WJLA and 24/7 News, WUSA, WTOP Radio and The Washington Post, all together providing news on COVID-19. Its wonderful.

2 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

It is together, especially in a crisis like this. WRC, WTTG, WJLA and 24/7 News, WUSA, WTOP Radio and The Washington Post, all together providing news on COVID-19. It's wonderful

Where Telemundo and Univision???

5 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

I know. I know. But I don't think the anchors would like to translate it into Spanish with Spanish anchors from WFDC and WZDC.

They can speak English, or do it in Spanish with some translation in the bottom.

13 hours ago, noggi said:

Wanted to share this promo which started running last night on air and in digital spaces in the DC market

https://www.facebook.com/WUSA9/posts/10159684883884778

1900843194_PROMOTAGV2(0-00-01-29).thumb.png.dd6e1fd43ac41d05a15077547c12a5c9.png

Wow, mind-blowing promo.

I wonder what other markets would do this.  Guess it would depend on how long the virus is the story, and how cooperative local stations would feel (especially the way certain owners are or might be).

Interesting, but I don't really see the point. Why promote the other stations? They can do the same exact type of promo with their own talent. And if they wanted to do something together, they could all make the same promo with the same style/script/graphics, but with their own talent.

• 8 months later...

The earliest example I've seen of stations advertising together as one was from 1987 when the West Palm Beach-Fort Pierce market stations had PSAs advocating for viewers to watch the stations in that market. Many people in Palm Beach County would opt to watch Miami stations over WPB stations on cable and antenna, especially WTVJ over WTVX for CBS before the Big Switch of 1989. 

Archived