Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
TheRyan

KSPR using KY3's Set

It appears that KSPR is now using KY3's studio with KY3's graphics on the 4pm newscasts.  I don't live in the market right now so I don't know if there is a new open for KSPR's 4pm news or not.  It's unclear if this is permanent or temporary.

In 2017, Gray shuttered KSPR's news department and merged it into that of KY3's.  They also have been simulcasting newscasts from KY3 on most newscasts except for 11am and 4pm which remain uniquely KSPR News--which has kept its own music, set, and graphics.

20200325_014447.jpg

20200325_014425.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheRyan said:

It appears that KSPR is now using KY3's studio with KY3's graphics on the 4pm newscasts.  I don't live in the market right now so I don't know if there is a new open for KSPR's 4pm news or not.  It's unclear if this is permanent or temporary.

In 2017, Gray shuttered KSPR's news department and merged it into that of KY3's.  They also have been simulcasting newscasts from KY3 on most newscasts except for 11am and 4pm which remain uniquely KSPR News--which has kept its own music, set, and graphics.

20200325_014447.jpg

20200325_014425.jpg

Hmm, interesting, sad to hear they shut down KSPR news department and consolidated it they were both equally competitive. Even under the same ownership.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Today I caught some of KSPR's 11am newscast on replay.  They are using "This is the Place" music, at least for the close.  However the replay didn't include the open (for whatever reason) so I don't know how the opening is done or how it's officially called right now.

I wonder if this might be temporary due to COVID-19, which might be requiring KY3 to consolidate any operations still done at the station.  Time will tell.  Hopefully KSPR will get its remaining branding and set restored once things calm down.

Edited by TheRyan

7 hours ago, TheRyan said:

Today I caught some of KSPR's 11am newscast on replay.  They are using "This is the Place" music, at least for the close.  However the replay didn't include the open (for whatever reason) so I don't know how the opening is done or how it's officially called right now.

I wonder if this might be temporary due to COVID-19, which might be requiring KY3 to consolidate any operations still done at the station.  Time will tell.  Hopefully KSPR will get its remaining branding and set restored once things calm down.

KYTV doesn't have news in those time-slots.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gavin said:

KYTV doesn't have news in those time-slots.

Exactly, it's possible that KY3 is having many behind-the-scenes work from home and maybe consolidated the floor crew into one studio until COVID-19 passes.  But even if that were the case, I don't see why they couldn't still have them work out of the KSPR studio since it's in the same building. 

I will add that both Steve Grant and Lisa Rose were working the 6pm newscast on KY3.  So they seem to be keeping their main talent at the station--albeit with social distancing in effect.