KTLA Adds 12 PM and 7 PM newscasts

fan of la tv

I have not seen it on my television yet, but KTLA's streaming site now lists a KTLA News at 12 (12pm - 1pm) newscast and a KTLA News at 7 (7pm-7:30pm) newscast. There was a note on the 5 Live Facebook page that until further notice the 5 Live streaming only newscasts have been moved from 12pm-1pm and 2pm-3pm to 4pm-6pm for the near future.

I'm assuming these new newscasts started Monday, 3/16 and will be temporary to give additional coverage for the Coronavirus. 

KTLA's sister stations (and fellow CW affiliates) in Denver and St. Louis are doing the same thing. KWGN CW2 Denver was first to do the 7pm newscast, then KPLR CW11 St. Louis was the next station to do so. Now, It's KTLA's turn.

10 minutes ago, MorningNews said:

Wow. That essentially makes the KTLA Morning News a 10 hour block despite the 12 and 1 pm hours not being dubbed “Morning News”

I still don't know why they call the 11AM hour as the Morning News when its clearly the midday period there. Not only that, Jessica and Frank only go from 7-11AM so might as well cut off the branding after 11AM.

4-11AM: Morning News

11AM-2PM: Midday News

Yeah. KTLA wants to become an all-news station outside The CW.

EDIT: I know its only temporary.

Archived