BYRON ALLEN makes $8.5B CASH bid for TEGNA

TSSZNews

1 hour ago, Yankees4life said:

The dude is probably making stuff up. WXIA never used This Is the Place anywhere

Actually Lucas is correct, per NMSA WXIA did use Locals Only from 2014-17 (primarily for their lifestyle show Atlanta Alive) and then for a year (2015-16) when as he mentioned launched their 5pm newscast they used This is The Place.

On 3/17/2020 at 5:19 PM, oknewsguy said:

As for TWC using C Clarity I doubt we'll see them use it as if I'm correct they're one of Stephen Arnold's clients (which many of the Allen Media stations are clients of SAM) so it could go either way.

Is TWC still with Stephen? The 2014-present music package is from Man Made Music.

On 3/17/2020 at 6:09 PM, Lucas Welter said:

WXIA previously used Locals Only from Atlanta Alive and This is the Place from 11 Alive at 5PM.

I found a YouTube video where This is the Place is heard in a teaser. There, it's settled. Interestingly enough, the Belo graphics make a brief appearance.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

THR has a very insightful article about Byron Allen, I am very impressed on what he has able to amass since starting his career in the media industry as a comedian. I didn't know a lot of things about him, all I knew of him were all his syndication shows and digital channels; the article answered a lot of my questions and I am sort of impressed with what he has accomplished. One thing I got out, don't count him out, he has set his sights on bigger things. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/byron-allen-his-plans-media-domination-what-you-see-today-will-be-10000-times-bigger-1302245

An interesting takeaway I have from this quote:

That patience will come in handy as he enters the next phase of growth for Entertainment Studios Inc., where, in true Allen style, nothing short of total global domination is the plan. "I'm close to the same age when Rupert Murdoch came here to America," he says. "He was in his 50s. I'm 59. What you see today will be 10,000 times bigger." Press him on what would make the ultimate jewel in his crown and, without hesitation, he replies, "I'd love to own CNN. But I have to buy AT&T to do that. And I will. Believe me, I think about it every day."

Allen has big and bold visions for building his broadcasting empire and quite frankly I don't think he's nuts when he said he wants to own CNN. I think he truly wants to own CNN.

And not just CNN he probably wants to build a sports empire too

I'll save the rest for the speculation thread I think this is worthy of a discussion over there.

Archived