Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Recommended Posts

Any particular breakdown? I would assume mornings (4a-12pm), 1pm, 3pm and 10pm. KABC has been long dominant at 6pm and 11pm so they're probably 2nd or 3rd in those slots to 7, 34 and/or 52.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TSSZNews said:

According to FTVLIve they won in the demo at 11PM--the first time they've ever done that. Some of the numbers are multi-year or all-time highs.

Speaking of FTVLive, there's a story about Nexstar suits trying to put a stop to talent at KTLA pitching products/services on social media, but apparently, it's fallen on deaf ears. A fine example is KTLA reporter (and former Extra anchor) Dayna Devon....https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2020/3/6/does-anyone-just-do-news-anymore

 

And then there's this example: https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2020/2/6/will-it-ever-end

 

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liberte Chan and Courtney Friel have come under the microscope as well. This was also mentioned on FTVLive. Same practices continue...journalistic ethics continue to fade away. I am not a TV news purist, if you will. I see the conflict, but I also know that TV news has changed and we need to adapt. Not saying its right, but the industry has changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, FiveNews said:

Liberte Chan and Courtney Friel have come under the microscope as well. This was also mentioned on FTVLive. Same practices continue...journalistic ethics continue to fade away. I am not a TV news purist, if you will. I see the conflict, but I also know that TV news has changed and we need to adapt. Not saying its right, but the industry has changed.

 

16 hours ago, J1975am said:

Speaking of FTVLive, there's a story about Nexstar suits trying to put a stop to talent at KTLA pitching products/services on social media, but apparently, it's fallen on deaf ears. A fine example is KTLA reporter (and former Extra anchor) Dayna Devon....https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2020/3/6/does-anyone-just-do-news-anymore

 

And then there's this example: https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2020/2/6/will-it-ever-end

 

Thoughts?

 

I don't have a problem with this...anymore.

 If station management is going to insist that these women and men have a  social media presence...then why not let them get some of  the back-end. They have to put up with all the idiots, and knuckleheads so why not let them get some of the action?

 

Long before the age of social media...back in the days of boomers , 4:3 and 525lines...people used to actually call the newsroom and ask the reporters or anchors where they bought the clothes, and where they got their hair done.

 

Don't tell Scott Jones, but it's nothing new.

It's just more out in the open now, and a bit more accepted, given the shitty pay most staffers make.

 

 

Edited by Eat News
Weki Meki - DAZZLE DAZZLE M/V .. https://youtu.be/RTeOt6n90vM
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any time a TV station puts out an e mail or News Relase on its ratings success you have to take it with a grain of salt. There's a lot of different ways to look at ratings, i.e., demos, etc. This is simply spin. Another station will look at and interpret the numbers differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 4:48 AM, Eat News said:

 

 

I don't have a problem with this...anymore.

 If station management is going to insist that these women and men have a  social media presence...then why not let them get some of  the back-end. They have to put up with all the idiots, and knuckleheads so why not let them get some of the action?

 

Long before the age of social media...back in the days of boomers , 4:3 and 525lines...people used to actually call the newsroom and ask the reporters or anchors where they bought the clothes, and where they got their hair done.

 

Don't tell Scott Jones, but it's nothing new.

It's just more out in the open now, and a bit more accepted, given the shitty pay most staffers make.

 

 

Some stations Miami list at end of the show where the anchors got their hair done or clothes. As far as I can think of Miami is currently the only station that does it. But Miami has always been a special market where a lot of things they do wouldn’t fly else where such as outfits, story telling and wardrobe both on air and social media. I know one or two that post beach photos in speedos and or constant cross fit posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frankly, I'd encourage the sales department to start fielding personal sponsorship deals for air staff work social media profiles, including a generous kickback for the station. I mean, if we're going to lean into the profiteering of journalism, let's really squeeze this lemon as much as we can.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.