March Madness 2020

Georgie56

10 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

According to Richard Deitsch, the old Selection Show format that came back on CBS last year is sticking around on TBS this year.

The selection show was scheduled to be on TBS this year, but there was a late change made over the weekend and it'll be on CBS instead. CBS apparently promoted it during their coverage over the weekend.

5 minutes ago, ScottJ said:

The selection show was scheduled to be on TBS this year, but there was a late change made over the weekend and it'll be on CBS instead. CBS apparently promoted it during their coverage over the weekend.

Strange. But the Final Four/National Championship is still scheduled for TBS.

38 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

Strange. But the Final Four/National Championship is still scheduled for TBS.

I think they probably decided it makes more sense to have it on CBS after the Big 10 title game. That gives the NCAA the best ratings for it.

On 3/3/2020 at 3:47 PM, ScottJ said:

I think they probably decided it makes more sense to have it on CBS after the Big 10 title game. That gives the NCAA the best ratings for it.

Yeah last year's Selection Show was the highest rated show in 5 years, so that reason and the reason you mentioned is probably why it moved to CBS. 

At least CBS/CBSSN are being consistent with their music this year. This year, ALL men's conference tournament games are getting the March Madness music instead of the regular CBS College Basketball music. Last year, they only used the March Madness music for men's conference tournament games that took place on or after Monday March 11th, while everything that took place Sunday 3/10 or earlier got the regular CBS music, which was silly.

They still refuse to use March Madness music for the women's conference tournaments, however.

3 hours ago, Spring Rubber said:

At least CBS/CBSSN are being consistent with their music this year. This year, ALL men's conference tournament games are getting the March Madness music instead of the regular CBS College Basketball music. Last year, they only used the March Madness music for men's conference tournament games that took place on or after Monday March 11th, while everything that took place Sunday 3/10 or earlier got the regular CBS music, which was silly.

They still refuse to use March Madness music for the women's conference tournaments, however.

I'm not sure why. Maybe they only want to use it for the men's conference tournaments and March Madness.

3 hours ago, Mrtraveler01 said:

Isn't that because it's on ESPN? The music is property of Turner I believe. 

I suppose so. I guess Turner allows them to use the March Madness music for conference tourneys on CBS/CBSSN because those conference tourneys ultimately lead into CBS/Turner's March Madness coverage.

8 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

CANCELLED.

Along with every single spring and winter championship to boot, including the College World Series. ESPN and the RSNs just found so many timeslots opening up. And the high school bodies are continuing to follow suit.

ESPN and their conference partners/nets will deal fine, but if you're Sinclair or the Pac-12 Networks right now, you are looking at THE ultimate disaster scenario.

Archived