KSWB (Fox 5 San Diego) Updates Graphics

NotInTV

With the 1PM broadcast on 02/27/2020, KSWB-TV (Tribune > Nexstar) launched an updated logo & new opens (No more box kite), a new L3 (Similar to WJW, but not exact), a new bug, and new ticker (From the Nexstar NBC package), and new music "Beyond" by Stephen Arnold. This appears to be a minor update as most of the other on-screen graphics continue to use the Tribune Fox package.

BreakingTicker.png

LargeHeadlineSmallWhiteBox.png

Live.png

ReporterDoubleLine.png

SoSanDiegoBranding.png

ComingUp.png

WeatherSlide.png

WeatherTV.png

AnchorOpen.png

OpenSlide.png

DualBox.png

I thought this was a strange move considering the possible sell-off of the station to Fox.

22 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

It's the Tribune Fox graphics with WJW's L3 and the ticker from the Nexstar NBC graphics.

If they change the bug, it could look better. This is what KTVI/KPLR should've had.

Yeah that bug is a little too hard, the better 3D version was nicer it could be flat like WJW and WGHP in (Cleveland and Greensboro, North Carolina respectively) However I do think the lower thirds could be a little more foxy using the Nexstar NBC Ticker a little whack the color scheme could be blue. But really it's not bad opens could have been not touched not super impossed looking with the bold So San Diego.

1 hour ago, NotInTV said:

With the 1PM broadcast today, KSWB-TV (Tribune > Nexstar) launched their new graphics, and a similar but different music selection. I am working on getting a video uploaded.

BreakingTicker.png

LargeHeadlineSmallWhiteBox.png

Live.png

ReporterDoubleLine.png

SoSanDiegoBranding.png

ComingUp.png

WeatherSlide.png

WeatherTV.png

AnchorOpen.png

OpenSlide.png

DualBox.png

I thought this was a strange move considering the possible sell-off of the station to Fox.

I agree. I honestly doubt they'll getting sold to FOX anytime soon. A little off topic here though I do agree FOX needs to own some non-NFL markets that would be profitable for maybe not this (well if it goes through before election day.) or next election season, in terms of ad revenue in battleground states from candidates I have some stations in mind WLFL or WRDC or current Affiliate WRAZ in Raleigh (good startup station or buy another independent station in the market), KWSB San Diego, KVVU in Las Vegas (even though it's about to be an NFL market it still would be good), KPDX Portland, Oregon, and WDRB Louisville.

This is like the bastardized version of their old graphics. Kinda looks cheap. 

That ticker is ugly. The font clashes with the rest of the look. That “FOX 5 NEWS SO San Diego” banner looks out of place. And what’s with those rounded blue bars on the sides of that banner? Barf. 

They seriously need to ditch “SO San Diego.” It’s so late 2000s. 

The logo would be 100 times better without that white border around it. 

Honestly, if they weren’t gonna go with a completely new look, they didn’t have to mess with the previous graphics. 

Still better than those blue Scripps graphics though. 

11 hours ago, newstime said:

They seriously need to ditch “SO San Diego.” It’s so late 2000s. 

The logo would be 100 times better without that white border around it. 

Honestly, if they weren’t gonna go with a completely new look, they didn’t have to mess with the previous graphics. 

Still better than those blue Scripps graphics though. 

It sounds so valley girl, I'm surprised that their slogan has lasted this long. Not a bad package, could be better but it could have been much worse too.

Very curious when KGTV San Diego will debut theirs Scripps graphics.

On 2/28/2020 at 4:00 PM, IndyNewsOpens said:

Not great and not bad. I wonder if WXIN will get this package, or a modified version of it since KSWB and WXIN have similar packages.

Possibly. They've been teasing a slightly updated logo in various spots for several months now. 

Archived