Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

I figure that with the first spring training games around the corner, we should get this thread rolling. Starting with the O's 2020 shuffle in TV and radio

• Like 1

SNY has new graphics for Mets games and, honestly, they feel a lot more NBC-like than in the past (specifically the fonts).

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if this were to just become the NBC Sports default with some tweaks,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Viper550 said:

SNY has new graphics for Mets games and, honestly, they feel a lot more NBC-like than in the past (specifically the fonts).

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if this were to just become the NBC Sports default with some tweaks,

Looks like NBC mixed with ESPN.

Edited by Georgie56

3 hours ago, Viper550 said:

That's definitely Frank they're using as their font. And I agree, I would love for this to spread group wide. Or even do like they did with the soccer score bar, and flatten out the rest of the current package.

Posted (edited)

Welp, since God only knows when American professional baseball is coming back, how about a sampling of the South Korean baseball league? It's late, so I'm not doing any research about the broadcasters, but 5 different games are carrying 6 different looks. The first of those is the package ESPN is using for broadcast on this side of the Pacific. Overall, nothing truly weird or groundbreaking, and design similarities between this and American properties are evident.

1457505513_2020-05-05(5).thumb.png.ed05bf2792282d1eedb67fca694c53c0.png

29075192_2020-05-05(6).thumb.png.7aed8b56720d37d024755f9500b6b264.png1391782756_2020-05-05(7).thumb.png.3ff44532edc6a82cbccddef221cb1ddb.png227251881_2020-05-05(8).thumb.png.762fa996114a757e6ebeeec2fced1b72.png490844363_2020-05-05(10).thumb.png.ebefb01a17e132e25d490f809e0c28d3.png

1395940254_2020-05-05(15).thumb.png.04ceecdabed7baac6dab524161408684.png

Edited by 24994J

Yeah, the "world" scoreboard appears to be a lighter/more colorful version of Fox's basic design (though with the Asian broadcasters' preference for using dots for the count instead of numbers).

Upon further review (of highlights I've seen from other games), those "world" graphics actually are used by one of the domestic broadcasters: from what I read, the owners of SPOTV are producing the feeds ESPN is using, and this is also affecting their choice of games (since it's drawing from the games they've been allotted domestically). SPOTV itself has a black version of them, but SPOTV 2 is the one the ESPN graphics are based on.