2 hours ago, Viper550 said:

SNY has new graphics for Mets games and, honestly, they feel a lot more NBC-like than in the past (specifically the fonts).

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if this were to just become the NBC Sports default with some tweaks,

Looks like NBC mixed with ESPN.

3 hours ago, Viper550 said:

SNY has new graphics for Mets games and, honestly, they feel a lot more NBC-like than in the past (specifically the fonts).

Honestly, I wouldn't mind if this were to just become the NBC Sports default with some tweaks,

That's definitely Frank they're using as their font. And I agree, I would love for this to spread group wide. Or even do like they did with the soccer score bar, and flatten out the rest of the current package.

• 2 months later...

Welp, since God only knows when American professional baseball is coming back, how about a sampling of the South Korean baseball league? It's late, so I'm not doing any research about the broadcasters, but 5 different games are carrying 6 different looks. The first of those is the package ESPN is using for broadcast on this side of the Pacific. Overall, nothing truly weird or groundbreaking, and design similarities between this and American properties are evident.

1457505513_2020-05-05(5).thumb.png.ed05bf2792282d1eedb67fca694c53c0.png

29075192_2020-05-05(6).thumb.png.7aed8b56720d37d024755f9500b6b264.png1391782756_2020-05-05(7).thumb.png.3ff44532edc6a82cbccddef221cb1ddb.png227251881_2020-05-05(8).thumb.png.762fa996114a757e6ebeeec2fced1b72.png490844363_2020-05-05(10).thumb.png.ebefb01a17e132e25d490f809e0c28d3.png

1395940254_2020-05-05(15).thumb.png.04ceecdabed7baac6dab524161408684.png

Yeah, the "world" scoreboard appears to be a lighter/more colorful version of Fox's basic design (though with the Asian broadcasters' preference for using dots for the count instead of numbers).

• 2 weeks later...

Upon further review (of highlights I've seen from other games), those "world" graphics actually are used by one of the domestic broadcasters: from what I read, the owners of SPOTV are producing the feeds ESPN is using, and this is also affecting their choice of games (since it's drawing from the games they've been allotted domestically). SPOTV itself has a black version of them, but SPOTV 2 is the one the ESPN graphics are based on.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Spring Rubber said:

Our almost 10-year nightmare is over! Fox MLB coverage (on the main network) switched back to the original 1996 MLB on Fox theme today. Sounds so good to hear it back.

Are we sure it's permanent? If my ear heard correctly, Brian Anderson was on the call for the game. While he does national work for TBS, his primary assignment is as the lead PBP for FSWisconsin. If it was him, this could've been a national (regional) production of FSW.

30 minutes ago, 24994J said:

Are we sure it's permanent? If my ear heard correctly, Brian Anderson was on the call for the game. While he does national work for TBS, his primary assignment is as the lead PBP for FSWisconsin. If it was him, this could've been a national (regional) production of FSW.

That was Adam Amin calling Cubs-Brewers, in his Fox debut. They used the old MLB theme in this video too, so here’s hoping it’s permanent. 

1 hour ago, ScottJ said:

Fox announced in the (pre-COVID) offseason that the NFL theme would only be used on NFL and college football telecasts now, so it would appear that the return of the MLB theme will be permanent. (The second item in this story.)

Ah, that totally flew under the radar. Dang, wish I knew about this back in January!

1 hour ago, Viper550 said:

TBS moved their scoreboard to the bottom-left. Haven't seen that in a while.

Yeah, something just doesn't feel right about bottom-left. Last time I saw it was Fox in 2014-2015. There's a reason why they moved it to bottom-right starting in 2016.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Minnesota Twins and Fox Sports North just announced that Bert Blyleven is doing his final telecast tonight after 25 years... Transitioning to a role as "Special Assistant" with the organization.

Sinclair budget cuts and the Twins made a move to keep him on payroll from their end?

https://www.foxsports.com/north/story/minnesota-twins-bert-blyleven-fox-sports-north-broadcaster-special-assistant-090220

3 hours ago, GodfreyGR said:

Minnesota Twins and Fox Sports North just announced that Bert Blyleven is doing his final telecast tonight after 25 years... Transitioning to a role as "Special Assistant" with the organization.

Sinclair budget cuts and the Twins made a move to keep him on payroll from their end?

https://www.foxsports.com/north/story/minnesota-twins-bert-blyleven-fox-sports-north-broadcaster-special-assistant-090220

Is there a reason why they're going this halfway through this shortened season? Did something happen behind the scenes that forced him out without finishing the season?

3 hours ago, Spring Rubber said:

Is there a reason why they're going this halfway through this shortened season? Did something happen behind the scenes that forced him out without finishing the season?

Recently? Who knows. He has scaled back the amount of games he's done each year ever since he finally got into the Hall of Fame. LaTroy Hawkins, Roy Smalley and Torii Hunter have rotated doing color otherwise.

That said, after 25 years he probably commands a pretty high salary- especially since he calls Ft. Meyers home now. Usually it's news in the market when he has an on air gaffe (like this one back when games were on WFTC)

Was hoping someone with a Sinclair background knew if they were starting to make some budget cuts at the RSNs...

Archived