Spectrum News Charlotte Updates Set

TheRyan

It appears that Spectrum News here in Charlotte has updated its set slightly.  For the past several days, they had the anchor on a temporary set up in the newsroom.  (I wasn't paying too close attention, so I'm not sure exactly when they moved into the newsroom.  I believe it was only for a matter of days.)  It appears that while the work was being done, the weather segments continued to be produced from the studio.    The main backdrop behind the main anchor desk appears a bit more compact with a different color scheme.  "Camera-left" of the main desk also appears to have a different facade than before, with more angles and depth than when the set originally debuted.  It also appears that they added a patterned facade about halfway between the main anchor desk and the secondary desk.   If anyone has more information on this, I'd be curious to know.

The set as of February 2020:

1328595699_SpectrumNewsCLTWide-ShotFebruary2020.thumb.JPG.b17539ce9db9dd6be0e77b0a4e184dcb.JPG

The set as of November 2019, before the changes were implemented:

image.thumb.png.eb5d609c1228f46bfed145be011af9b7.png

1 hour ago, TheRyan said:

It appears that Spectrum News here in Charlotte has updated its set slightly.  For the past several days, they had the anchor on a temporary set up in the newsroom.  (I wasn't paying too close attention, so I'm not sure exactly when they moved into the newsroom.  I believe it was only for a matter of days.)  It appears that while the work was being done, the weather segments continued to be produced from the studio.    The main backdrop behind the main anchor desk appears a bit more compact with a different color scheme.  "Camera-left" of the main desk also appears to have a different facade than before, with more angles and depth than when the set originally debuted.  It also appears that they added a patterned facade about halfway between the main anchor desk and the secondary desk.   If anyone has more information on this, I'd be curious to know.

The set as of February 2020:

1328595699_SpectrumNewsCLTWide-ShotFebruary2020.thumb.JPG.b17539ce9db9dd6be0e77b0a4e184dcb.JPG

The set as of November 2019, before the changes were implemented:

image.thumb.png.eb5d609c1228f46bfed145be011af9b7.png

I'ma be honest, this is the first time I've seen their set like this. Never saw this until you posted it because no one told us about this. Also, the last set I remember from them was their newsroom set.

Archived