ABC News Live

mountainave

Thought this warranted its own thread.  ABC News announced big changes to its ABC News Live streaming platform, including new programming anchored by broadcast talent Tom Llamas and Linsey Davis.

See:

https://abcnewspr.tumblr.com/post/190423948366/americas-1-streaming-news-channel-kicks-off-all

and

and a preview of a new set (which may or may not be a product of the major TV3 renovations?):

I like what I'm seeing so far too. This could be ABC News Now V2 but even better with the right crew behind the camera, so I'm ecstatic.

1 hour ago, mountainave said:

preview of a new set (which may or may not be a product of the major TV3 renovations?):

My silly self first thought the set and its screens were straight up leftovers from Live with Kelly and Ryan. But they (and the in-screen graphics) look great; can't wait for its first use on air.

9 hours ago, 24994J said:

I really like what I'm seeing here. That blue/purple/orange color scheme, the warmer set. I'm getting some NBC vibes, but in the best way.

That was the first thing I thought. The map and the color scheme all scream NBC News to me. 

Here's an hour of ABC News Prime. I really like the look and feel of the newscast, they covered a lot of things, no fluff or pop culture index -- just straight news, sort of felt like vintage CNN Headline News. I also like their intro, which features ABC News logos from the past.

Excellent touch on the streaming coverage open for the Iowa Caucus on Monday. They dig into the archives (1:15) and include clips of Jennings, Sawyer, Stephanopoulos, Muir, finally cutting to Tom Llamas, who was anchoring on ABC News LIVE. It was a 2008 Gibson away from hitting all the right notes.

On 2/6/2020 at 10:47 AM, tvtime07 said:

Here's an hour of ABC News Prime. I really like the look and feel of the newscast, they covered a lot of things, no fluff or pop culture index -- just straight news, sort of felt like vintage CNN Headline News. I also like their intro, which features ABC News logos from the past.

Getting serious 2004 WTMJ vibes from that open.

• 2 months later...

I Believe Disney is missing an opportunity with ABC NEWS LIVE, Why isn't this being advertised during world news tonight or GMA??    I haven't seen an ad on tv for it yet.      

My other question is how does this compare to CBSN ?   I haven't watched it enough to know..

It also has a spot in the recently-updated bug rotation during both flagship programs. Casually tuning into ABC News shows throughout the week, I'll see at least 3 or 4 promos a week.

Archived