Fox Sports debuting new graphics

Georgie56

3 hours ago, racefan_09 said:

New CFB graphics

51E36D41-E833-4D8D-A044-0ABEF799E330.jpeg

51CF1765-878A-4760-9C6C-08FE86695A3A.jpeg

Anyone else have the urge to nudge those college logos straight? 😂 They look like they're hanging off a crooked nail.

Also Amburge Titsworth sounds like a Space Mutiny villain. 😉

Edited by mrschimpf
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, racefan_09 said:

New CFB graphics

51E36D41-E833-4D8D-A044-0ABEF799E330.jpeg

51CF1765-878A-4760-9C6C-08FE86695A3A.jpeg

Ok so I said this on the Discord, but these graphics remind me of the on screen graphics for NCAA Football 09 for the Wii, which I played a lot of growing up. Here are some pictures to compare. 

46200-ingame-NCAA-Football-09.jpg

Screenshot_20230827-104200_YouTube.png

Screenshot_20230827-104257_YouTube.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Spring Rubber said:

Not a fan of this style of graphics. Just looks ridiculous to me.

If they wanted clear to read fonts, a package with handwriting is not the way to do it, especially for mobile viewers. Just because ESPN does it doesn't mean everyone should do it (and ESPN's version still looks bad with handwritten fonts).

• Sad 1

Here's more of the new college football scorebug, including the indicator of how many points a team has scored in a play (+6, +3, etc.), and the specific penalty a team will have committed.

The more I study this, the more I become inclined to believe that the graphics were designed with a sticker theme in mind, which explains the tilted logos, tilted placement of the exact penalty committed (complete with exclamation warning marks, as if the black and yellow wasn't enough to let you know already), and even the slightly tilted bar containing the quarter, time, and down and distance.

They've well and truly accomplished the style, but where's the readability, especially in the team names below the logos (not helped by them also being handwritten and sometimes in colors that clash with each other)?

IMG_9473.jpeg

IMG_9474.jpeg

• Like 3

And I believed right. There was a theme to all this. According to Sports Video Group, the graphics package was designed to deliver "a punchier presence that leans into the pomp and circumstance of on-campus game days."

And yes, there will also be minor tweaks to the graphics as the season goes by. I'm hoping one of them regards the team names directly below the logos. After all, what good are they if you can't read them and the font makes it no easier to do so?

Edited by DJonNews

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know when this happened, but Fox's NHRA coverage actually got new graphics. They had still been using the 2017 graphics for a while (though, to be fair, they had lagged in adopting them, and some of the inserts/3D graphics still had leftover elements of the 2014 graphics in them) and I was personally expecting that they'd get a variant of the NASCAR graphics. But these actually look a little different. 

• Like 1