Fox Sports debuting new graphics

Georgie56

Here's another L3 with a reasonably-sized name font.

20200202_132744.jpg

1 hour ago, Spring Rubber said:

That font being used for Kyle Shanahan's name is HUGE. Trying to figure out if that's going to be the standard or if it's just for added effect for the pregame show.

They just aired a Chiefs L3 that used a different last name font from the Niners'.

Edited by Georgie56

8 minutes ago, djlynch said:

I didn't see the Chiefs graphic, but I think the Shanahan graphic looks like an effort to pick something that looks like the 49ers logo font. I'll be curious to see whether that carries over to the package next season.

20200202_133741.jpg

21 minutes ago, Spring Rubber said:

So basically they're pulling an NBC and only updating their football graphics. Every other sports property will be stuck on the same old graphics for 5-6 years+ probably. I hate this new trend of football-only graphics.

Since 2015, NBC has only refreshed their NFL & EPL graphics. I believe that a new package will debut at the Olympics in late July.

CBS overhauled their look at Super Bowl 50, and will have next year's Super Bowl LV, thus I'm expecting a refresh at that time.

Fox may be unable to refreshed their look until the RSN's rebrand.

ABC/ESPN customize depending on which sport they're televising.

1 hour ago, Spring Rubber said:

So basically they're pulling an NBC and only updating their football graphics. Every other sports property will be stuck on the same old graphics for 5-6 years+ probably. I hate this new trend of football-only graphics.

32 minutes ago, Samantha said:

This feels like a huge step back. Hopefully these are only for Super Bowl/NFL, like the current NBC SNF package.

I'm sure there will be another variation for the other sports it carries.

Feels like they're trying to tie in a little more with NFL Network and Thursday Night Football.

I'm on the record with the belief FOX is going to try and own the ENTIRE NFL broadcast package rights when they're up in a couple years, so with that in mind, the direction doesn't surprise me.

I mean, '90s nostalgia is big right now...

3 hours ago, JCB4TV said:

Fox may utilize each team's logo font for the last names starting with this package.

If there are Chiefs or Niners logo fonts they're probably proprietary. That sans and ITC Cheltenham aren't it.

1 hour ago, TSSZNews said:

Feels like they're trying to tie in a little more with NFL Network and Thursday Night Football.

I'm on the record with the belief FOX is going to try and own the ENTIRE NFL broadcast package rights when they're up in a couple years, so with that in mind, the direction doesn't surprise me.

Given the direction the NFL might be taking when the current TV contract expires that actually does make sense for Fox to have an actual NFL package rather than just a package tailor made for the NFC

• Like 1

Truly horrendous - the 2017-2020 package was great (maybe even classic?). They were minimalist, unobtrusive, and most importantly, legible. This is a huge step back and gives me flashbacks to horrendous 2007 era graphics, super masculine and industrial for no apparent reason. 

What... wow. What do I even say?

There's no doubt that this package was a downgrade. But I wasn't expecting it to be this bad. Like, poor man's NBC bad.

Literally nothing in this new package makes sense. The italics, the angularity, the gradients - everything - there's no depth or consistency. The animations are so out-right comical, it always make you question, why?

We shouldn't have ended up here with all of that accumulation from the previous two packs. It's like they stepped two decades back in sports presentation. At this rate I'm honestly worried if NBC and Fox brought back the stereotypical design trends of the early 2000's that they've fought for so long to ditch.

This... this is bad news.

Edited by Journalist
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Journalist said:

What... wow. What do I even say?

There's no doubt that this package was a downgrade. But I wasn't expecting it to be this bad. Like, poor man's NBC bad.

Literally nothing in this new package makes sense. The italics, the angularity, the gradients - everything - there's no depth or consistency. The animations are so out-right comical, it always make you question, why?

We shouldn't have ended up here with all of that accumulation from the previous two packs. It's like they stepped two decades back in sports presentation. At this rate I'm honestly worried if NBC and Fox brought back the stereotypical design trends of the early 2000's that they've fought for so long to ditch.

This... this is bad news.

I agree. At least CBS's graphics (NFL and other sports) make sense and have consistency.