Fox Sports debuting new graphics

Georgie56

Wow, that's a complete shocker. Maybe they realized how boring their current graphics were for a Super Bowl.

Question is if the new graphics permeate into the other sports properties or if they pull an NBC/ESPN and give their NFL coverage a completely separate look from everything else.

It feels like a quick turnaround on this package vs. the last two. And if it is a while new network-wide package, I wonder what the plans are for other FOX Sports properties...Daytona 500 is only a 2.5 weeks away, then MLB starts in late March. Plus it's a whole thing as to whether or not the FSNs get re-branded by then and whether Sinclair will debut a new package for all of their sports properties or keep Stadium and the FSNs separate and continue to use the old FOX graphics (a la 2011 Root Sports).

8 minutes ago, Spring Rubber said:

Wow, that's a complete shocker. Maybe they realized how boring their current graphics were for a Super Bowl.

Question is if the new graphics permeate into the other sports properties or if they pull an NBC/ESPN and give their NFL coverage a completely separate look from everything else.

Should these new graphics make their the other Fox Sports properties, would Fox then issue an ultimatum to Sinclair to re-brand the RSNs ASAP?

22 minutes ago, ehatt493 said:

It feels like a quick turnaround on this package vs. the last two. And if it is a while new network-wide package, I wonder what the plans are for other FOX Sports properties. The Daytona 500 is only a 2.5 weeks away, then MLB starts in late March. 

If these graphics do make it to Daytona for the 500, then I hope the scoring pylon style ticker goes away and they go back to a horizontal ticker back at the top of the screen. 

Edited by tjt24

26 minutes ago, ehatt493 said:

It feels like a quick turnaround on this package vs. the last two. And if it is a while new network-wide package, I wonder what the plans are for other FOX Sports properties...Daytona 500 is only a 2.5 weeks away, then MLB starts in late March. Plus it's a whole thing as to whether or not the FSNs get re-branded by then and whether Sinclair will debut a new package for all of their sports properties or keep Stadium and the FSNs separate and continue to use the old FOX graphics (a la 2011 Root Sports).

Given that Sinclair hasn't revealed anything as far as rebranding plans are concerned right now it looks like it'll be Sinclair keeping Stadium and the FSNs seperate (unless things change between now and Opening Day for Major League Baseball.

I think the sale of the regionals to Sinclair finally allowed Fox to get in line with NBC and CBS in debuting a new graphics package at the Super Bowl.

6 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

Given that Sinclair hasn't revealed anything as far as rebranding plans are concerned right now it looks like it'll be Sinclair keeping Stadium and the FSNs seperate (unless things change between now and Opening Day for Major League Baseball.

Edited by Georgie56

21 hours ago, Spring Rubber said:

Maybe the plan is for Fox to immediately roll out the new graphics to all of their properties and to just give the old graphics over to Sinclair to use on the RSNs for however long they need to use them before Sinclair rebrands the RSNs.

I suspect that at least through April the Sinclair RSNs would probably need the outgoing Fox package.

I suspect that the Sinclair RSNs will roll out a new graphics package on a template based on the Marquee Sports Network graphics, I'm not sure if the FSNs will indeed use that template but that is certainly a possibility here.

5 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

I suspect that at least through April the Sinclair RSNs would probably need the outgoing Fox package.

I suspect that the Sinclair RSNs will roll out a new graphics package on a template based on the Marquee Sports Network graphics, I'm not sure if the FSNs will indeed use that template but that is certainly a possibility here.

I can see the RSNs to continue to use the 2017 Fox Sports graphics until they are no longer available, or switch to the Marquee, YES, or Stadium packages.

4 minutes ago, JCB4TV said:

I can see the RSNs to continue to use the 2017 Fox Sports graphics until they are no longer available, or switch to the Marquee, YES, or Stadium packages.

Out of the 3 that you mentioned I'm actually partial towards the YES package being used on the other FSNs, we'll just have to wait and see what Sinclair decides to do.

Beyond that there is precedent to former Fox owned RSNs hanging on to the Fox package long past the retirement date (e.g. FSN Northwest, Pittsburgh and Rocky Mountain all kept the 2008 FSN package even after those RSNs became Root Sports) so it's possible that Sinclair may rebrand the RSNs in the Spring and wait until the Fall and then roll out the new package.

11 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

Out of the 3 that you mentioned I'm actually partial towards the YES package being used on the other FSNs, we'll just have to wait and see what Sinclair decides to do.

Beyond that there is precedent to former Fox owned RSNs hanging on to the Fox package long past the retirement date (e.g. FSN Northwest, Pittsburgh and Rocky Mountain all kept the 2008 FSN package even after those RSNs became Root Sports) so it's possible that Sinclair may rebrand the RSNs in the Spring and wait until the Fall and then roll out the new package.

I believe there are two possible rebrand dates, March 26, MLB Opening Day, and July 17, when MLB resumes following the All-Star Game.

In anticipation of Fox's new graphics package, here's a look at the NFL on Fox scorebugs through the years, courtesy of a DeviantArt user.

fox_1_73.png

I'm partial to the 2006-2009 bar. It had a nice, clean look. The only thing it was missing was the timeout indicators, which came with the next package.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ScottJ said:

In anticipation of Fox's new graphics package, here's a look at the NFL on Fox scorebugs through the years, courtesy of a DeviantArt user.

fox_1_73.png

I'm partial to the 2006-2009 bar. It had a nice, clean look. The only thing it was missing was the timeout indicators, which came with the next package.

Also, that bar would display other sports scores in which I haven't seen in any of their other packages since.

I personally would've like the Fox Sports Netherlands look to have gotten adapted, but these graphics look good. Despite the blurriness, it looks like its a nice mix of shiny and flat. I guess we'll find out tonight (since its technically Sunday by the time I've posted this).

Ok, so everyone's officially obsessed with italics now, because just flat graphics weren't enough. Everything has to be italic now. It started with ESPN's CFB graphics, then made its way to NBC's Wednesday Night Hockey graphics, and now it's going to be adapted by Fox too.