Sinclair settles with Nexstar over failed Tribune deal

TheRolyPoly

1 hour ago, CubsFan79 said:

KGBT TV is now a independent station. They were a CBS affiliate for over 60 years. Too bad.

After CBS moved to the KVEO spectrum, KGBT took over all of KVEO's former subchannels with 4.1 not active at this time. My prediction is that Sinclair may try to recruit Fox to move to 4.1 as they're currently need two LD sticks on RF20, PSIP 67, to get full market coverage in the RGV.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, JCB4TV said:

After CBS moved to the KVEO spectrum, KGBT took over all of KVEO's former subchannels with 4.1 not active at this time. My prediction is that Sinclair may try to recruit Fox to move to 4.1 as they're currently need two LD sticks on RF20, PSIP 67, to get full market coverage in the RGV.

Entravision is about to put KMBH back into service, which I believe must have been stalled because of tower worker cancellations.

On 1/29/2020 at 7:58 PM, 24994J said:

One of Chicago's Very Own has some suggestions on how 'Uncle Perry' could spend that $60 million. Hopefully our favorite CEO has a good sense of humor.

I like Larry Potash, he's funny but that some good ideas. Mr. Perry Sook is still a disaster there gonna use WGN as their flagship probably unite KTLA and buy back WPIX reform the Original Tribune 3 (As i call it). There already starting a national newscast from WGN took there ND to form it. While upping there Asst. ND to ND and now they're gonna be a puppet for there company Nexstar. But that $60 Million i think some of it will be saved to buy back WPIX In New York. KGBT will be on 23.2 doesn't make sense that they on 4.1 they should still an licensed asset. They should be simulcasting. 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

The paperwork for the WDKY deal is finally up, more than six months after it was announced.

I have to wonder if the Pandemic was the reason why it took so long for the paperwork to be posted?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
11 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

Bumping this because we have a follow up regarding what's left of KGBT.

Sinclair is selling the station to MIssion Broadcasting for $2M.

I wonder whether Nexstar/Mission will place CBS back on 4.1, which has apparently been unused since The Eye moved to KVEO's spectrum.

Archived