Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
JustinH

WNBC 7:00 PM newscast

On 3/17/2020 at 7:29 PM, TheRolyPoly said:

In WTVJ's case, they're also on at 7:30 p.m. too. So WTVJ is now on at 11:30 a.m. (if 6 in the Mix is shelved in the meantime), 7:00, 7:30 and 11:30 p.m. I know its only temporary, but essentially, WTVJ has added an extra two hours of news on weekdays.

UPDATE:

It looks like only WTVJ is doing 7:30 p.m. news on some days with others being another repeat broadcast of NBC-NN.

Just now, TheRolyPoly said:

UPDATE:

It looks like only WTVJ is doing 7:30 p.m. news on some days with others being another repeat broadcast of NBC-NN.

I don’t get why WNBC doesn’t have an hour long newscast at 7. Also why not have one at 11am as well?

On 1/24/2020 at 2:00 PM, Vlad said:

They used to do a 7pm newscast that initially aired on WNBC, but then subsequently moved to their digital subchannel in the late 2000s and early 2010s with Chuck Scarborough. I think it was called New York Nightly News? If my memory serves me correctly..

That is correct it was New York Nightly News when it's was on WNBC then until it went to the digital subchannel. Later it's just was News 4 New York at 7 P.M. on Cozi

For those who were wondering if the  7 p.m. local news would continue after the coronavirus crisis,

it's gone already!

The station went back to regularly scheduled syndicated programming at 7; at 7:30, WNBC continues to repeat NBC Nightly News.

On 3/26/2020 at 7:34 PM, SnellKrell said:

For those who were wondering if the  7 p.m. local news would continue after the coronavirus crisis,

it's gone already!

The station went back to regularly scheduled syndicated programming at 7; at 7:30, WNBC continues to repeat NBC Nightly News.

I’m surprised they’re stopping. I’m thinking it must be a staffing issue.