WNBC 7:00 PM newscast

JustinH

So they announced over a month ago that the 7pm news team would be David, Natalie, Janice and Bruce. 

So far, only Janice is the consistent presence on the Newscast. Bruce has appeared only a few times and David and Natalie have solo anchored, even on nights when both are present. 

What are they doing? 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the announcement did say that it will be led by David and Natalie, but it didn't say they would be anchoring together at the same time. I think one anchor is enough to be quite honest. I don't mind if they take turns rotating with one anchor every so often. 

1 hour ago, NYNews said:

So the announcement did say that it will be led by David and Natalie, but it didn't say they would be anchoring together at the same time. I think one anchor is enough to be quite honest. I don't mind if they take turns rotating with one anchor every so often. 

It would be kind of odd the have the 5pm show with one anchor and the 6pm, 7pm and 11pm shows with two anchors.

19 hours ago, NYNews said:

Agreed.  When WNBC tried New York Nightly News at 7 years ago, it was always a solo anchor (Chuck Scarborough at first).  

It also reinforces this may not be a permanent addition to the NBC O&O stations, pending ratings.

Archived