WNBC 7:00 PM newscast

JustinH

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RealNews18 said:

I knew I heard Myles Miller say “we’ll have another report at 7”.. didn’t think too much of it.. interesting 

I heard that too. It really was just a straightforward 30 minute newscast. Maybe All Access got canceled? If so, this could be an easy replacement for WNBC.

Rana Novini & Chuck Scarborough were anchoring. They made no mention of this being a "special edition" of News 4 New York as they do most of the time when they air a newscast in an unusual timeslot.

They used to do a 7pm newscast that initially aired on WNBC, but then subsequently moved to their digital subchannel in the late 2000s and early 2010s with Chuck Scarborough. I think it was called New York Nightly News? If my memory serves me correctly..

On 1/22/2020 at 7:51 PM, B2r4a6n said:

I was thinking they were just doing this cause of the impeachment coverage. But if "All Access" does end, local news would be the most viable option. 

I'm surprised that all the effort was made to create a show airing solely in six markets when news would've been the cheaper option, especially when three of those six markets (NYC, Philly, Hartford) have nobody on at 7:00. If you crunch some numbers, every other Top 100 market in NYS/Pennsylvania/New England has someone on at 7:00 except those three so it's a viable hole to fill.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, mooneyhill1 said:

My suggestion for WNBC to be the 7PM weeknight newscast for real: anchored by Chuck Scarborough & Natalie Pasquarella, weather with Janice Huff, and sports with Bruce Beck.

It can be a very good idea.

Natalie already does 4, 6 & 11. Doubt she will add another show. If they do keep the 7 pm show likely Stacey Bell will add 7 pm duties (moving off the 11 am show) and Stephan Holt also adding 7 pm duties in addition the anchoring at 4 & 11 will anchor the 7 pm show. 

16 hours ago, mooneyhill1 said:

My suggestion for WNBC to be the 7PM weeknight newscast for real: anchored by Chuck Scarborough & Natalie Pasquarella, weather with Janice Huff, and sports with Bruce Beck.

4 hours ago, JoseRM303 said:

Natalie already does 4, 6 & 11. Doubt she will add another show. If they do keep the 7 pm show likely Stacey Bell will add 7 pm duties (moving off the 11 am show) and Stephan Holt also adding 7 pm duties in addition the anchoring at 4 & 11 will anchor the 7 pm show. 

Don’t think Chuck is looking to add responsibilities to his work load. Not sure why Stacey would have to give up 11am to add 7pm.

I could also see Stefan/Natalie handling 5pm/7pm/11pm and David/Stacey 11am/4pm/6pm (Chuck at 6pm instead of David).

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 8:21 AM, mooneyhill1 said:

I personally don't think Chuck wants to work 7PM news.. Rana Novini definitely needs this role here. Perfect opportunity for her to anchor.

12 hours ago, JoseRM303 said:

Agreed, Natalie already working 4,6 and 11 No need for her to do 7PM

I don't think Stacey will be leaving the 11AM slot unless you add in Jen Maxfield into the equation than I could see Stacey possibly working 5 & 7.

However, truthfully the 7PM slot should be for anchors who currently don't have an 11AM slot, 4PM slot, 5PM slot and 6PM slot.

So, Rana Novini, Adam Kuperstein, Gilma Avilos would be perfect candidates to me.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, B2r4a6n said:

WNBC airing a 7pm newscast right now. 

Followed by another addition of Nightly News at 7:30. 

Was nightly news a 630 repeat or another newscast? I’m presuming it was the later. Interesting that it wasn’t the other way around.

12 hours ago, B2r4a6n said:

WNBC airing a 7pm newscast right now. 

Followed by another addition of Nightly News at 7:30. 

... Special coverage of the Coronavirus. Only WCAU has a permanent 7PM newscast.

Also, for now Access Hollywood and Extra won't be seen. So get used to this 7PM newscast for a while with a repeat of nightly news at 7:30.

3 hours ago, Spintech33 said:

... Special coverage of the Coronavirus. Only WCAU has a permanent 7PM newscast.

Also, for now Access Hollywood and Extra won't be seen. So get used to this 7PM newscast for a while with a repeat of nightly news at 7:30.

*cough* WBTS called *cough*

4 hours ago, IceManNYR said:

NBC Owned Stations across the country are adding new 7 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. newscasts to keep viewers informed about the latest coronavirus pandemic developments in their communities.

https://tvnewscheck.com/article/top-news/246042/nbc-owned-stations-expand-local-newscasts/

In WTVJ's case, they're also on at 7:30 p.m. too. So WTVJ is now on at 11:30 a.m. (if 6 in the Mix is shelved in the meantime), 7:00, 7:30 and 11:30 p.m. I know its only temporary, but essentially, WTVJ has added an extra two hours of news on weekdays.

Archived