Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

NewsNation Launch Thread


Message added by Weeters,

Thread Notice: On March 1, 2021 WGN America will rebrand as NewsNation. As it will then become a proper cable news network, this thread documenting the start of the show as it existed on WGN America will be closed on that date. Please consider starting new threads to cover other aspects of the new network.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fox Business had around 6,000 viewers in 2007 when they debuted. No calls from TVNT to immediately shut it down.   Newsy's cable channel currently gets about 6,000 viewers and they've been o

tsk tsk, some of you are SO quick to jump to your own conclusions and decisions about this thing. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is a long game. They didn't pour X amount of dollars i

I think they were in a bit of a no-win situation w/ the interview. If Joe went in guns a blazing; they risk the chance of Trump never appearing on NN again. If they played it safe; people will knock t

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, alex979 said:

There has definitely been a lot of buzz on social media the past few days, and maybe some attention they weren't necessarily looking for. 

 

And, to his credit, Compton had a response ready in that LA Times article.

 

“I haven’t made a big deal about it when I’ve talked to him because he’s probably not going to like it every night."

 

"Sean Hannity is not news. He’s a friend of mine. I worked with him in radio for years. He’d get mad at me for saying that, but it’s true. Tucker Carlson and Don Lemon — that’s not news.”

 

https://www.robertfeder.com/2020/09/01/trump-tweets-good-luck-message-eve-news-nation-launch/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 24994J said:

 

And, to his credit, Compton had a response ready in that LA Times article.

 

“I haven’t made a big deal about it when I’ve talked to him because he’s probably not going to like it every night."

 

"Sean Hannity is not news. He’s a friend of mine. I worked with him in radio for years. He’d get mad at me for saying that, but it’s true. Tucker Carlson and Don Lemon — that’s not news.”

 

https://www.robertfeder.com/2020/09/01/trump-tweets-good-luck-message-eve-news-nation-launch/

1 article I saw said Trump would probably watch, so I'm not surprised that he tweeted about it.

 

 

Even though I watch Sean, Tucker, etc,(more this week than what I was planning!) NewsNation should be a refreshing change from the Fox News Lineup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, froyo49 said:

I was lucky enough to catch their NewsNation Now newscast. It aired live at 8am et and lasted about 3 minutes. Luckily I was already awake for my zoom college class. I recorded it but it’s too big to upload here. Fortunately they did upload it on their Twitter page:

 

 

Yuck! Why are the using a phone for a selfie style camera shot?? Looks terrible....no prompter as well which is obvious when she looks down. You can see in the closing wide shot they have professional cameras. Use them!

 

Graphics and set are nice but I don't think the content is compelling. Why would I watch this almost 3 minute video when I can get the same info skimming headlines on Twitter in 10 seconds? 

Edited by PTVNews
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, PTVNews said:

 

Yuck! Why are the using a phone for a selfie style camera shot?? Looks terrible....no prompter as well which is obvious when she looks down. You can see in the closing wide shot they have professional cameras. Use them!

 

Graphics and set are nice but I don't think the content is compelling. Why would I watch this almost 3 minute video when I can get the same info skimming headlines on Twitter in 10 seconds? 


I’m going to assume that they’re still working on how to get everything on the digital set fully functional in which the anchor can run everything and not have someone sitting off to the side doing stuff.

 

Based off a previous video, you are correct in that they can use/control those cameras, but again, maybe something is holding that process up. I’m confused as to why Ji is only doing, technically, one 3 minute morning news update and nothing else the rest of the day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spring Rubber said:

Is the audio/video sync a bit off for everyone, or just my provider?

It's fine for me online! Looks great so far!

 

Nice open! The moving screens  work  well!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Spring Rubber said:

Is the audio/video sync a bit off for everyone, or just my provider?

 

I have AT&T, and it was like that for me. I'm guessing the prerecorded open glitched.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jrh1985 said:

It's fine for me online! Looks great so far!

 

Nice open! The moving screens  work  well!

They are awesome! I didn't like the angle of the stedicam during the open however, weird angle I thought, otherwise awesome open. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you notice on the live stream it’s only “free” for a limited time. I really don’t understand Nexstar’s hesitancy to stream news? Nexstar should be working on one steaming app where you can stream your local station AND the national network. 
 

So only if you have cable and get WGN America will you be able to watch, after a certain date. 

071C157C-9DBC-4D9B-87D6-8EBEB82B9D5A.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am watching it right now and the newscast is amazing. What I love about the newscast is the presentation as well as the stories. I will say that NewsNation is going to do great things, and I am interested in seeing how NewsNation will do in the days and months ahead.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

The graphics and music are absolutely beautiful. The only odd thing to me is how the bug is lower on the screen than L3. It almost looks like there should be a ticker down there. 
 

The “Your Vote: Your Nation” branding is perfect for them. 
 

Loved that talent open!

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Few more pics..

 

40D77BBA-64DE-4996-BB7A-0A9945F49A2A.thumb.jpeg.8b32b7c06768c1a607ce5d8d7a39d705.jpeg66D7AF46-3A6A-4077-8250-364339953A5B.thumb.jpeg.893e11eeb0e2068366a1bd7abc84107a.jpeg690DE411-2959-44B3-91D2-2335623AE89A.thumb.jpeg.24172d486922b542f8ab8352caf1bd47.jpeg0FEA6F20-C861-4BF5-BA48-E94EE9459DC9.thumb.jpeg.5b04f3fdc16a72a8bb0a6991ba67a945.jpegAEA376F0-3DDD-460E-BBFB-3EB5A5B450D0.thumb.jpeg.66781048e4a05b79b37865183cca2229.jpeg

57BC6AE7-4575-46C6-B4CB-B14F2642241B.jpeg


They can lay off the reminders that they’re not bias, etc.. No need for that. Actions speak louder than words.

Edited by jase
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just sad that within a few short weeks, we won't see outside those newsroom windows until April. They're there, but we'll have to get to next spring/summer until they come in handy again (unless they add daytime news in the winter before then).

We were doing good until we got to the weather segment and the mislabeled title bars for both tropical systems.

Edited by Spring Rubber
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Spring Rubber said:

I'm just sad that within a few short weeks, we won't see outside those newsroom windows until April. They're there, but we'll have to get to next spring/summer until they come in handy again (unless they add daytime news in the winter before then).

We were doing good until we got to the weather segment and the mislabeled title bars for both tropical systems.


Also, there was a delay before the live feed was available on the app. I believe the delay was like 10 minutes or so.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to watch the live feed on the app exposed some bugs. Screen rotated but would never rotate back. Had to close and kill the app to get it back to normal. If you press the home button, you still hear audio until you kill the app. All simple things I'm sure they'll iron out as people come across them, or may just be specific to my device. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching this new newscast right now and I really like the presentation in terms of how the stories is being covered. It's like the KCAL format meets the Windy City. NewsNation may not get the highest ratings in its first day or the first week for that matter, but it takes time to carve out its own niche of viewers who want real, honest, and straight news with no bias or opinion. I wish NewsNation the best of luck.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm impressed with this, watched the first hour & 20 mins--I think they will do well in the ratings soon don't know about tonight, but I think this will catch on quickly.   Plus the website looks good too.

I think the folks at newsnet should be shaking in their boots, they may have been on air longer but after watching this--they need to step it up if they want to stay around. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Weeters changed the title to NewsNation Launch Thread
  • Weeters locked and unlocked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.