New Network Newscast by Nexstar

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fox Business had around 6,000 viewers in 2007 when they debuted. No calls from TVNT to immediately shut it down.   Newsy's cable channel currently gets about 6,000 viewers and they've been o

tsk tsk, some of you are SO quick to jump to your own conclusions and decisions about this thing. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is a long game. They didn't pour X amount of dollars i

I do not understand how, after just a few days on the air, someone can declare, "this will not survive" or that "Nexstar's plan is just all wrong." This is a well-produced program that just launched.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

I have yet to see NewsNation cut in to WGNA since the AP called the race for Biden. That's quite the bad look when you're trying to compete at the national level.

I checked NN right after FOX called it. It looked the Weekend team was handling it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sendir said:

Yikes. That production was just bad and that shot of Aaron. I thought this was a national news source?

When Biden took the lead in PA yesterday, they broke in with it and used the same shot you're talking about. 

1 hour ago, Sendir said:

Yikes. That production was just bad and that shot of Aaron. I thought this was a national news source?

Yeah, it's weird. They prioritized having that graphic on display above him, when normally the priority is to have both people in a double box be on equal zoom levels. It definitely does look odd.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, MetroCity said:

Nexstar being a publicly traded company is somewhat irrelevant. Nexstar is so big, the NewsNation budget is just a blip in the budget. Yes, they had big launch expenses, but they came at a time when they were integrating new acquisitions into the company, and likely already making big capital purchases. And yes, they do have a significant staff. But in a company of that size, the NN staff isn’t necessarily a stand-out, especially when post-merger layoffs and attrition would have offset them.

Yes. NN is likely small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. But, in order to make money, they have to spend money. To make NN and WGN America work, they are going to have to spend a lot of money and I doubt many will be willing to silently sit back and wait 5-10 yrs for a return on investment. Plus, with new (and likely better) news options coming in the months/years ahead, they can't afford to wait to make meaningful (and financial) improvements. I'm sure they're aware of this and much more. Hopefully, they start to take the necessary steps before NN and WGN America are no more and that would be unfortunate.  

2 hours ago, Spring Rubber said:

Yeah, it's weird. They prioritized having that graphic on display above him, when normally the priority is to have both people in a double box be on equal zoom levels. It definitely does look odd.

I've said this before previously that the digital set cameras, lights, etc.. (reportedly) can controlled by the anchor, so Aaron didn't need to be on the main set.  They need to figure out these things because they're starting to look like amateurs.

Edited by jase
  • Like 1
On 11/1/2020 at 9:27 PM, Megatron81 said:

I thought that the LA car chases were on broadcast TV on KCAL, KTLA etc.

Sometimes but not always. Often they are on the website, app, Facebook only and not on broadcast. They (L.A. car chases) often appear on San Diego tv Facebook, also, which I still don't understand.

On 11/6/2020 at 4:46 PM, Georgie56 said:

I imagine NewsNation will expand to mornings in the future, maybe as soon next year.

LOL. NewsNation is DEAD. 

On 11/7/2020 at 7:43 AM, Sendir said:

Absolutely agree. Perry will play the long game even though he will make changes here and there the operating budget is not that big. They have facilities that are paid for, subscribers and advertisers. That’s why you see the anchors that are on there instead of someone for Shep. 

Not a chance. Revenues in Q4 are going to be abysmal post election in this Covid atmosphere. With the exception of their smaller market GA stations. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

WGN America coming to YouTube TV

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/newsnation-wgn-america-coming-to-youtube-tv-in-january-2021/?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

• Like 1