Major job cuts at iHeart Radio

newsbot

2 hours ago, Samantha said:

Scripps gets nailed with a $1.13 million fine from the FCC in an investigation from the ex-Cordillera stations over tower lighting and maintenance at 10 facilities in 5 states. Cordillera also had failed to notify the FCC of its purchase of two antenna structures.

That'll teach them 😂

• 2 weeks later...

WTVN in Columbus has, IIRC, a grand total of 3 people in their news department and now has 2 sports people. 

They seem to air news from other markets during their top and bottom of the hours news breaks. Sometimes it'll be entirely Toledo area news or northeast Ohio. 

I wonder if we will see a big shift in ratings because of the cuts?   It will be interesting to see if that happens or not.

On a side note, these cuts made me think of this... I saw this years ago..  What would happen if Clear Channel (now I-Heart) took over radio station WWV.

Archived