NBCUniversal Boston Media Center - New Home for WBTS, WNEU, NECN and NBC Sports Boston

rkolsen

On 1/19/2020 at 10:29 PM, ABC 7 Denver said:

I know! It looks like NBC is just running WBTS to say that they own the NBC affiliate in the market and are pushing some token news programming. It doesn't feel like they really care about the station. Like, they know they can't compete against WHDH, so they aren't even trying to and are really just running the O&O for the revenue stream and synergy. Basically, it's a big game. 

NBC only started the O&O in Boston to get away from Ansin, similar to Miami, where they spent 21 years as a refugee after the Peacock's eviction from WBZ.

Also, my hopes were dashed as I thought that NBC would use the BMC to test new graphics, which can only be seen on NECN.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since there hasn't been any mention elsewhere, and I don't think it deserves its own thread, yet, I'll put this here. KXAS has posted a sales promo that includes some of the purple and orange-ish tones found in the new NECN package. Perhaps it's a hint that the NECN color scheme (if not the whole look) could be the new O&O package.

Archived