KELO New Set

Morphtato

On 1/13/2020 at 12:12 AM, Morphtato said:

Looks like KELO in Sioux Falls has been on a temporary set for a little bit.
image.thumb.png.224d3f62722a5f4fee90988d50916437.png

Finally! I’m interested in seeing what Nexstar designs for them, KELO has a promo out saying “a new set, cameras and lights... investing more than $1 Million”. One thing I’ll say as someone who lives in the viewing areas is, KELO has always had the best talent, weather, graphics and now hopefully the best set, I wonder if they’ll get a bigger/better weather area then other stations since so many watch them for that, and of course will they keep the voice over of legendary former anchor Doug Lund? 

36 minutes ago, JRogotzke said:

Finally! I’m interested in seeing what Nexstar designs for them, KELO has a promo out saying “a new set, cameras and lights... investing more than $1 Million”. One thing I’ll say as someone who lives in the viewing areas is, KELO has always had the best talent, weather, graphics and now hopefully the best set, I wonder if they’ll get a bigger/better weather area then other stations since so many watch them for that, and of course will they keep the voice over of legendary former anchor Doug Lund? 

Well then get ready to see the Nexstar set you've been seeing a lot lately, unless they also add some elements like what KOIN did to theirs.

8 hours ago, TheRolyPoly said:

Well then get ready to see the Nexstar set you've been seeing a lot lately, unless they also add some elements like what KOIN did to theirs.

What KOIN got was an FX job even though most of Nexstar's set builds have largely been done in-house with local contractors. You'll probably see something along the lines of what WJHL, WKBN, and WHO-TV recently received.

• 2 weeks later...

I say the set looks very nice.  I like how they switched up some of the elements in this setup, especially behind the anchor desk, versus similar sets in other markets.  I'm glad they got the CBS gfx instead of the WISH pkg, as the CBS gfx is a much better fit for KELO, imo.

Did they keep CBS Local or are they using a different music pkg now?

1 hour ago, TheRyan said:

I say the set looks very nice.  I like how they switched up some of the elements in this setup, especially behind the anchor desk, versus similar sets in other markets.  I'm glad they got the CBS gfx instead of the WISH pkg, as the CBS gfx is a much better fit for KELO, imo.

Did they keep CBS Local or are they using a different music pkg now?

They held on to CBS Local along with the Doug Lund VO. 

On 2/3/2020 at 2:33 AM, ABC 7 Denver said:

Keloland Media Group!? That doesn't sound like a corporation at all.

I assume the switch from "KELOland Television" to "KELOland Media Group" (as odd as it sounds when applied to a broadcast station in this case) is intended to emphasize its broadcast and digital operations.

Also, I think they should have had included a drawing animation to the cursive "Kelo" logotype to fit in with how some of the logos of the CBS stations to which Nexstar has applied this package display them in their newscast opens and talent bumpers.

Personally I think they sounded better as KELOland Television.  Sure we are now in the digital age where TV is just one part, but everyone knows they are by definition a TV station.    Getting back to the name...I'm surprised Nexstar would be okay with KELO using the same name as Nexstar, except replacing the Nexstar word for KELOland.  It would sure seem like a prime opportunity for confusion by those who aren't very familiar with "who owns what" in TV news.

11 hours ago, TheRyan said:

Personally I think they sounded better as KELOland Television.  Sure we are now in the digital age where TV is just one part, but everyone knows they are by definition a TV station.    Getting back to the name...I'm surprised Nexstar would be okay with KELO using the same name as Nexstar, except replacing the Nexstar word for KELOland.  It would sure seem like a prime opportunity for confusion by those who aren't very familiar with "who owns what" in TV news.

I don't think viewers dig that much into that like we do.

Personally, I would have preferred KELOland Media or KELOland Television/Digital

The new set has really benefited “KELOLAND Living” the daily lifestyle show they produce. Before the new set they didn’t really have a defined look, the furniture didn’t look good and the overall set up for them wasn’t good. now it looks like a real lifestyle show that could air in just about any market. 

3EF49B4D-E78E-4624-875C-C026D08F6DF1.jpeg

D88C9675-AC14-4EB2-A642-341E23AA1C9B.jpeg

62B43782-B53A-404E-8FF2-ABFBBAEAD104.jpeg

Archived