Trump allies looking to buy OANN

mre29

Trump Allies Explore Buyout of Conservative Channel Seeking to Compete With Fox News

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-allies-explore-buyout-of-conservative-news-channel-one-america-news-network-11578696767

Allies of President Trump are pursuing an effort to acquire right-leaning news channel One America News Network, according to people familiar with the matter, in a bid to shake up a conservative media market that has been dominated by Fox News.

The investment firm Hicks Equity Partners is looking to acquire the channel and is pitching other wealthy GOP donors to arrange a bid of roughly $250 million for the channel’s parent company, the people said. The firm is owned by the family of Thomas Hicks Jr., co-chairman of the Republican National Committee and a close friend of Donald Trump Jr.

[....]

The Hicks firm would bring in new management, upgrade production values and offer coverage that caters to viewers whose political outlook is in the center and right-of-center, segments it views as underserved, the people familiar with the matter said.

My understanding is that OANN is farther to the right of Fox News, so I'm not entirely sure what they're looking to accomplish here.

I also don't think people who are politically in the center and right-of-center are desperate for programming that aligns with their views. In fact, I bet most people in those parts of the political spectrum aren't looking to watch news and political coverage religiously, and they certainly don't feel like the entire media and entertainment industries are against them.

6 minutes ago, mre29 said:

I also don't think people who are politically in the center and right-of-center are desperate for programming that aligns with their views. In fact, I bet most people in those parts of the political spectrum aren't looking to watch news and political coverage religiously, and they certainly don't feel like the entire media and entertainment industries are against them.

I think you'd be very surprised how much people--from all walks of life--enjoy an affirming echo chamber every now and then.

You gotta be kidding me with this. As if our president hasn't gone any lower with the media, he has if this goes through. He just needs to shut up, period and do his job and stay away from trying to make the media more biased.

(sorry for ranting)

As if Trump's increasing hunger for praise, adoration and bootlicking - and circle-jerking from his sycophants and supporters - couldn't get anymore desperate and pathetic. I see this transaction going through thanks to his picks in the courts and maybe a rebrand to something like Trump TV.

Archived