CLTV shutting down.

TheOneManHerd

Looks like 6pm on New Year's Eve is the end of the line for CLTV. That's when the program guide lists SIGN OFF for the channel. Politics Tonight will be the final show at 5:30pm. Kind of a shame; I was hoping they would end with a normal newscast. Instead, the final newscast will be at 2:30pm. I set a DVR recording for both.

Here we go, time for the end of an era. I still have fond memories of CLTV from the 90s during my childhood. :(

Wow, they cut Paul off mid-sentence, at least on Xfinity, and went to sign-off. Not sure if it's the same for everyone. How embarrassing. Not a pretty send-off at all.

3 hours ago, Spring Rubber said:

Here we go, time for the end of an era. I still have fond memories of CLTV from the 90s during my childhood. :(

Wow, they cut Paul off mid-sentence, at least on Xfinity, and went to sign-off. Not sure if it's the same for everyone. How embarrassing. Not a pretty send-off at all.

Shortly after that, they took it behind the barn ...and shot it.

image.png.8167cde35b06c7de1d155228c51fd2d3.png

Happy News Year!

5 hours ago, Spring Rubber said:

It's unfortunate, but also... the reality now.

Local cable news channels don't care about signing off with traditional and custom farewells anymore.

Archived