New Fox O&O Graphics

noggi
Message added by Weeters

Thread Notice:
This thread is for discussion about the FOX O&O graphics as a whole - discussion about individual stations implementation of these graphics should be held in their own thread. This thread's purpose is to discuss the package overall, not individual stations.

On 3/4/2020 at 4:24 PM, Lucas Welter said:

or FOX 13 News, and switch Propulsion to Beyond.

I agree with you on KCPQ's general branding change to "Fox 13" and the news branding change to the "Fox 13 News." The last time KCPQ was not branded as "Q13" was during the 1979-80 television season.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/5/2020 at 12:38 AM, TheRyan said:

WMYT seems very underutilized at the moment.  Yes their spectrum got sold and is now sharing with WJZY, but it still has plenty of potential.  I wonder if Nexstar might consider launching a newscast on WMYT in the future...perhaps in primetime to compete with WBTV and WAXN at 7pm.

At one time WMYT re-ran two hours of Good Day Charlotte from 9-11 am (I believe the 7-9 am portion) but that is the only time they have ever aired WJZY news. 7:00 news would make sense. 

On 3/12/2020 at 4:10 AM, DonDonP1 said:

I agree with you on KCPQ's general branding change to "Fox 13" and the news branding change to the "Fox 13 News." The last time KCPQ was not branded as "Q13" was during the 1979-80 television season.

KCPQ was PBS(Public Broadcasting System) member station from 1976-80.

Yes. Let me clarify something... when I said day one KCPQ became Q13 was the day it relaunched in November of 1980 after being silent for a few months.

But I really honestly don't see them transitioning to FOX 13 because Q13 has been their life-blood branding for a very long time.

On 3/11/2020 at 2:47 PM, Gavin said:

Okay, but the failure throughout this whole chat we've been talking about low ratings, failed inaugural format and reverting  to the traditional American newscast of "chasing fire trucks and listening to police scanners" they admitted they wanted to start like that and later admitted that traditional is better. Trust me I saw a post the sister-station did better at 6pm with people's court than there newscast. The proof is there trust me.

Uh sorry, but that was nearly 5 years ago when those ratings were occurring. Fox used the station as an experimental attempt to shift their newscasts and it failed but then found what works traditional news in the evening with interactive weekday morning newscasts. The station's news operation has been gaining viewers and credibility since 2018 when it finally found its right footing. Fox will likely circle back to the Charlotte market with the NFL, new MLS franchise, and NASCAR all located here.

On 3/4/2020 at 6:24 PM, Lucas Welter said:

or FOX 13 News, and switch Propulsion to Beyond.

On 3/12/2020 at 2:10 AM, DonDonP1 said:

Chances of KCPQ retiring the "Q13" branding is about as good of a chance as KCRA reverting back to "Reports" in their branding

It. Ain't. Happening.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread here; not sure if this has affected any on-air tweaks (probably won't), but the websites' logos have had a slight change today, with a de-emphasis of the color red and the boxed 'FOX' and number. If anything, the websites now actually more closely mirror the on-air bug. Some stations have not yet received the updated look, but I'm sure it will happen soon.

Example below:

image.png.9872631f893000a5944a45a963a39393.png       image.png.5aec833e7950e82e391752a1868ec427.png

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

Sorry to bump an old thread here; not sure if this has affected any on-air tweaks (probably won't), but the websites' logos have had a slight change today, with a de-emphasis of the color red and the boxed 'FOX' and number. If anything, the websites now actually more closely mirror the on-air bug. Some stations have not yet received the updated look, but I'm sure it will happen soon.

Example below:

image.png.9872631f893000a5944a45a963a39393.png       image.png.5aec833e7950e82e391752a1868ec427.png

Seems like the O&Os are further de-emphasizing the "kite box" logos

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

the websites' logos have had a slight change today, with a de-emphasis of the color red and the boxed 'FOX' and number. If anything, the websites now actually more closely mirror the on-air bug. Some stations have not yet received the updated look, but I'm sure it will happen soon.

13 minutes ago, ddaniels20 said:

Seems like the O&Os are further de-emphasizing the "kite box" logos

About time.

The kite logos did not age well -- particularly considering they debuted during the gaudy Myspace-inspired "myFox" era. They should've been updated years ago.

3 minutes ago, Action Newsroom said:

About time.

The kite logos did not age well -- particularly considering they debuted during the gaudy Myspace-inspired "myFox" era. They should've been updated years ago.

Speaking of myfox...it’s long past time for WGHP to ditch that for just fox8.com, especially now to match new sister station WJZY’s fox46.com.

1 minute ago, Nelson R. said:

Speaking of myfox...it’s long past time for WGHP to ditch that for just fox8.com to match new sister station WJZY’s fox46.com.

That’s a no-go! WJW already uses fox8.com.

• 1 month later...

Looks like many of the Fox owned stations are getting rid of the search lights.  I know Fox O&O WJBK is using them less and less.  For some reason, WFLD refuses to let the search lights go.

I say WJBK updated its news opening to its evening newscasts this fall.

• 3 months later...
On 7/7/2020 at 6:32 PM, Nelson R. said:

My bad....then it would have to be something like fox8wghp.com. My point is the myfox thing has to go.

It already de-emphasized from FOX O&O Stations!!!

On 12/16/2020 at 7:10 AM, Nelson R. said:

I still think the myfox thing has to go.

Meh! I don't care for the tacky use of the old domain. However, I would be more concerned about when Fox comes back to their senses and reacquire WJZY/WMYT.

It appears WJZY has continued to utilized the O&O graphics updates with the alternate "FOX 46 CHARLOTTE" stacked logo during their 10:00PM and late news after sporting events.

Archived