New Fox O&O Graphics

noggi
Message added by Weeters

Thread Notice:
This thread is for discussion about the FOX O&O graphics as a whole - discussion about individual stations implementation of these graphics should be held in their own thread. This thread's purpose is to discuss the package overall, not individual stations.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Georgie56 said:

Caught a bit of a livestream last night. Unfortunately, they didn't.

Very surprising. You’d think they were the ones supposedly about to go to Nexstar. But I am glad WJZY still got the new graphics. They are, after all, still an O&O until the FCC says otherwise.

4 hours ago, Nelson R. said:

Very surprising. You’d think they were the ones supposedly about to go to Nexstar. But I am glad WJZY still got the new graphics. They are, after all, still an O&O until the FCC says otherwise.

4 hours ago, ddaniels20 said:

Wondering what the holdup is?

I've been hearing murmurings from that same source that told me that WJZY was getting the new O&O graphics that Fox might be having second thoughts on rolling out of Charlotte in lieu of Seattle (a growing market but doesn't fit the company's philosophy) and Milwaukee (a slow/no growth market).  It might still go through, but Fox might double back and get the WJZY & WMYT (which is basically a subchannel of WJZY) combo in lieu of something else from Nexstar.

10 minutes ago, ddaniels20 said:

WTXF (finally) has the new graphics. I believe that all of the O&Os have the new graphics as of now.

Wha?!? I hope they don’t omit that “FOX29.COM” snippet on the L3s...

but NO “BEYOND”?!??

911 Lone Star using the O&O look but with a different KTBC mic flag which isn’t O&O. A basic maroon 3 sided mic flag that says FOX 7 AUSTIN.

I don’t think I recall seeing O&O graphics on a show besides CSI: Miami using WFOR’s graphics. 

18 minutes ago, SFTV said:

911 Lone Star using the O&O look but with a different KTBC mic flag which isn’t O&O. A basic maroon 3 sided mic flag that says FOX 7 AUSTIN.

I don’t think I recall seeing O&O graphics on a show besides CSI: Miami using WFOR’s graphics. 

ABC used WPVI graphics on Body of Proof and How to Get Away With Murder, though the latter genericized it in later seasons as invariably someone in Philadelphia probably called to wonder why the governor was now Laura Innes, ordering prisoners to be killed and it was only a big deal to the station at 10pm Thursday nights. 😒 Fox also did some WFXT graphics during Ally McBeal and The Practice (the latter despite being an ABC show; there it was just the Fox 25 mic flags).

2 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

The Rycote flags.

2 hours ago, INLAND MAN! said:

KTTV newest promo shows new mic flags coming soon?!! 

E8DF6BDC-8396-4326-89F6-5F03B4153866.jpeg

C4089B6A-8CF2-4CF0-A539-7429DCC33523.jpeg

Finally there get rid of the box red and blue with the searchlights just about every station has done it with this new package or earlier except KMSP in Minneapolis for which somehow miraculously was able to put it in the opening title card of the new graphics. CLT never got it except for the website version of it. But yeah every station has dump it finally!!! Goodbye searchlight era red and blue box.

Archived