New Fox O&O Graphics

noggi
Message added by Weeters

Thread Notice:
This thread is for discussion about the FOX O&O graphics as a whole - discussion about individual stations implementation of these graphics should be held in their own thread. This thread's purpose is to discuss the package overall, not individual stations.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/22/2020 at 11:54 PM, TheRyan said:

I'm glad WJZY got the new graphics.  Hopefully Nexstar chooses to keep them when they switch to Nexstar's graphics system--like the way KFOR did it.  But I'd be open to see Nexstar graphics on WJZY as well...as long as it's not a downgrade.

If and that's an if, the transaction goes through then they likely will keep the graphics. Nexstar is cheap and there are usually contractual obligations associated with graphic packages and their maintenance for stations. You don't want to spend additional funds for stupid reasons.

On 1/23/2020 at 12:13 AM, SFTV said:

Weather Graphics are updated. It’s flatter and not curved from the COX days.

7 day is deleted and doesn’t transition. Strictly 5 day forecast.

9-AF8-BBF4-1655-4-BF8-8922-37-DCF8-FA9-A

KTVU only does the 7-day as a "Weekend Always in View " like WFTV when the first 5 days is showing M-F. KIRO use to before they switched to a 7-Day Forecast.

KTVU has already tweaked the KTVU.com and turned off the clock for its evening newscasts with a larger text with the custom KTVU logo similar to WCNC with the overlapping.

for the morning newscasts it’s strictly the clock since complaints have begun demanding to turn off the clock and website transition.

8 hours ago, SFTV said:
8 hours ago, SFTV said:

KTVU has already tweaked the KTVU.com and turned off the clock for its evening newscasts with a larger text with the custom KTVU logo similar to WCNC with the overlapping.

for the morning newscasts it’s strictly the clock since complaints have begun demanding to turn off the clock and website transition.

Good. Using the transition during evening newscasts are one thing, but the viewers need the time bug to get to work/school early/on time, and (outside the commercial break) sometimes the cellphone isn't an option. The transition during the morning show was a bad decision, so good on the viewers for voicing their displeasure. 

7 minutes ago, KentBrockman said:

You know what is extremely redundant on local TV news broadcasts in 2020? Time and temp bugs.

I still think they're necessary because not everyone on earth has their phone near them at all times, and it's especially necessary in the morning when people are getting out the door.

If you're talking about evening news, then you have a point.

As of this morning they went back to the original look. The 9am and Noon have the website and clock transition. As of now. I guess the website header was a test look during the weekend.

583-E5-FE6-27-F7-4071-814-E-141-DF52-B5-

7 hours ago, Action Newsroom said:

Good. Using the transition during evening newscasts are one thing, but the viewers need the time bug to get to work/school early/on time, and (outside the commercial break) sometimes the cellphone isn't an option. The transition during the morning show was a bad decision, so good on the viewers for voicing their displeasure. 

Why just use the clock on all newscast, just about every West Coast major market has adopted the eastern time zone form Logo with Time and Temp bug logo (typically in the middle) and at times the website (maybe in some station's social media bugs) even all the stations in the Bay do it. I think it's ridiculous.

On 1/23/2020 at 12:03 AM, Gavin said:

No it's not Raleigh a big sizeable market it actually two markets or next to Charlotte in the DMA Television Season. We also have Univision and Telemundo O&Os too.

Your point just further validates what I'm saying.  Charlotte is bigger and faster growing than the Raleigh/Durham/Fayetteville market. 

42 minutes ago, jero23 said:

Your point just further validates what I'm saying.  Charlotte is bigger and faster growing than the Raleigh/Durham/Fayetteville market. 

Charlotte is now the 21st largest market...even though Fox would be getting the 13th largest if the trade goes through...they would also be getting the 35th largest https://mediatracks.com/resources/nielsen-dma-rankings-2020/

17 hours ago, Gavin said:

Why just use the clock on all newscast, just about every West Coast major market has adopted the eastern time zone form Logo with Time and Temp bug logo (typically in the middle) and at times the website (maybe in some station's social media bugs) even all the stations in the Bay do it. I think it's ridiculous.

Um.... what.

Archived