New Fox O&O Graphics

noggi
Message added by Weeters

Thread Notice:
This thread is for discussion about the FOX O&O graphics as a whole - discussion about individual stations implementation of these graphics should be held in their own thread. This thread's purpose is to discuss the package overall, not individual stations.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/8/2020 at 3:04 AM, Weeters said:

It's highly unlikely any of the stations involved with the Fox/Nexstar swap will get new graphics from their current owners.

FOX would be better off using the time getting graphics for WITI and KCPQ ready.

On 1/8/2020 at 2:25 AM, CircleSeven said:

Fox didn't give WFXT & WHBQ the last gfx update before the swap. Why should they do it for WJZY? Let Nexstar change their gfx.

I don't know about that. WJZY has started to use some of the new O&O graphic elements in their 10PM news opening graphics recently.  I'm still skeptical about this uneven swap, but that's me personally.  

On 12/26/2019 at 11:31 AM, CBS11 Weatherboy said:

I think KDFW FOX 4 is waiting until the new year. I live in DFW and KTVT CBS 11 has new o&o graphics and NBC 5 is getting ready for NBC LOOK "Y" in Summer 2020. And KDFW last night used some of the OSI graphics and opens for the 10PM Newscast. Also they have been making alot of graphic changes in terms of opens and etc.

Let's hope that Austin's KTBC Fox 7 would follow suit as well.

On 1/10/2020 at 6:02 AM, ddaniels20 said:

WTXF has the new weather graphics. Probably only a matter of time before they get the full new graphics.

I hope they’ll still retain the elements from the previous L3s (which includes the “FOX29.COM” snippet above the L3s...

1 hour ago, TVNewsLA2000 said:

I LOVE IT! BEST OPEN OUT OF THE PACK! Though they were bold by putting the phrase "Better Journalism" on there. Maybe they are wishing that into existence... Kind of makes me look forward to KSWB becoming an O&O and getting this package. Would definitely mesh well with the set (being that KMSP has the same set).

As of right now, KTTVs Good Day LA still using the old opens, but the new graphics. BTW, "Better Journalism" and "Just One Station" are promotional tag lines the station has been using for several months. Not sure how I feel about the Better Journalism slogan being tossed around on a FOX station. I think their slogan speaks to them trying to get out of the ratings basement by providing a better product.

17 hours ago, TVNewsLA2000 said:

Great open!!! Is wonderful I look the "Better Journalism" look on the open make them look more aggressive along with the " Just One Station" look. It very nice another thing is that really the 3d logo is under the title card name "Fox 11 News at (time) _____ " . Other stations that had the package did that, KTTV shows it before showing the newscast name, in the red/white mixed lines it's very pretty. And cool really looks 3D and the customized it really well with an LA flare to this new opening graphics card. It's really nice 

So I happened to catch WFLD-FOX 32 Chicago 9P newscast tonight and noticed they changed the opening. Pics are not great (I was not expecting this). Could this mean they decided not to use the new FOX O&O graphics package? 

It wouldn’t make sense to update the newscast opening only to change it again in the very near future. Who knows??? Can’t speak to whether or not Good Day, the Noon or 5P openings changed as well.

3F605536-1AE6-47B2-8252-B1B9C1FCE00B.png

8503D547-BD43-488D-B16B-F59CAD6F7D23.png

CB9143D1-47F1-4411-87DA-916D90BFDC34.png

9300885A-B9A6-4C45-89C6-75EF1925497D.png

On 1/13/2020 at 8:03 PM, INLAND MAN! said:

KTTV LA Launched the new graphic package today at 5pm newscast! 

0098AEAD-047F-4592-9A1A-E1A71D58C437.png

21 hours ago, TVNewsLA2000 said:

Notice... no more (time) O'Clock News for the first time in decades.

19 minutes ago, jase said:

So I happened to catch WFLD-FOX 32 Chicago 9P newscast tonight and noticed they changed the opening. Pics are not great (I was not expecting this). Could this mean they decided not to use the new FOX O&O graphics package? 

It wouldn’t make sense to update the newscast opening only to change it again in the very near future. Who knows??? Can’t speak to whether or not Good Day, the Noon or 5P openings changed as well.

All the stations will get the new graphics at some point. Not all of them will get the matching new opens that KTTV and WAGA got. Even WTVT, the hub, appears to be using the opens they were using with the old graphics.

Superbowl 54 is roughly 2 weeks away. Most of the Fox O&O's including WNYW will get the new graphics package.  As others eluded that everything won't be the same at the time new graphics release. However, it's all a work in progress with updates

42 minutes ago, Greggo said:

KTBC/Austin has made the switch. This rollout is happening so much faster and smoother than the Scripps dumpster fire! And these graphics actually look good, too! 

94D4C170-7E43-4214-B9C7-88D42DD04F3B.jpeg

04F1B535-0A6C-4904-B0B6-38AA391FBEB4.jpeg

BE1CF623-DB98-4B06-9FD8-823CCA4908D4.jpeg

Yeah, but compared to the 2012 package rollout, it's somewhat slower since the Fox O&Os are rolling it out station-by-station, whereas the 2012 was rolled out to all the stations on the same day IIRC.

On 1/8/2020 at 2:25 AM, CircleSeven said:

Fox didn't give WFXT & WHBQ the last gfx update before the swap. Why should they do it for WJZY? Let Nexstar change their gfx.

It would be nice if this sale would close by the Super Bowl so they could get new graphics. But I doubt it will.

Archived