New Fox O&O Graphics

noggi
Message added by Weeters

Thread Notice:
This thread is for discussion about the FOX O&O graphics as a whole - discussion about individual stations implementation of these graphics should be held in their own thread. This thread's purpose is to discuss the package overall, not individual stations.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is definitely better than the old look. The old look was really getting stale, especially whenever they'd add a scrolling red bar like "NEWS ALERT" across the top of the old lower thirds. I hope they don't do anything like that with these new graphics.

Also neat how the red gets replaced by yellow for the morning daypart.

16 hours ago, TheRyan said:

WTVT1.JPG

WTVT2.JPG

12 hours ago, C Block said:

EE9-E4-CCB-D68-A-4-C27-A165-F73-AF76-EAF

ABBA8-A1-F-4-B55-46-EA-8635-92856826126-

A52-AF74-F-DA0-B-452-C-B39-A-F0-CA9037-C

99-FD8997-6-C4-F-439-E-A766-AA9073-F67-A

4 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

Screenshot_20191210-081452_Chrome.jpg

That new Fox O&O graphics package doesn't look too bad.  Looks nice.  I'd imagine remaining Fox O&O's getting updated in the New Year ahead of the Super Bowl.  What would also be interesting to see is whether new "Beyond" music package from Stephen Arnold is fully implemented, and the "Fox Affiliate News Theme" from OSI is fully retired.  With Fox swapping Charlotte to Nexstar, in exchange for Nexstar swapping Seattle and Milwaukee to Fox, I kind of doubting WJZY would see graphics makeover.  KCPQ and WITI, it'd probably late Spring or early Summer when they'd get graphics makeover.  We'll see.

I really like it kept the good graphical open with a flat later L3 and OTS it's pretty good likeable better than Scripps. Just the way I saw it they keep the non-flat graphical opens and look but change over everything else. It's an incomplete package or two packages or just one with a different intro card it makes fox look unique. 

Curious to see how KTVU will implement the logo in the box since they strictly promote the Laser 2 circle and not FOX. 

They still use the OSI Good Day theme for their 9am show as well as the OSI Fox theme on it’s title card graphics “Top Stories, Developing News, etc.”

however....The new lower thirds are much better and have much more text room.

4 hours ago, SFTV said:

4 hours ago, MidwestTV said:

What's this? A new flat design that TVNT isn't having a hemorrhage over? Mark the time and date!

This is a fresh look based on the provided screen caps. Good work. Arguably what Scripps v3 should have been.

Right? This look kinda feels dated at launch but is miles ahead of what they had. Good for them.

Inter

7 hours ago, Big Country News said:

I remember someone awhile back saying the O&O's wanted to distance themselves from the News Channel, but these new graphics more closely align them again.

They even look like something the FNC/FBN graphics dept. would produce.

Yeah, I noticed no searchlights on the WTVT bug. Most likely to also distance themselves from Disney's 20th Century Fox branding. 

On 12/10/2019 at 2:17 PM, atlnewsfan03 said:

That new Fox O&O graphics package doesn't look too bad.  Looks nice.  I'd imagine remaining Fox O&O's getting updated in the New Year ahead of the Super Bowl.  What would also be interesting to see is whether new "Beyond" music package from Stephen Arnold is fully implemented, and the "Fox Affiliate News Theme" from OSI is fully retired.  With Fox swapping Charlotte to Nexstar, in exchange for Nexstar swapping Seattle and Milwaukee to Fox, I kind of doubting WJZY would see graphics makeover.  KCPQ and WITI, it'd probably late Spring or early Summer when they'd get graphics makeover.  We'll see.

Maybe, but a lot of time graphic packages are rolled out all at once. I recall the former NBC O&Os still getting the graphics update although they were in the process of being sold. WJZY needs a makeover and I wouldn't mind this look.

They haven't modified their loops or added new opens. Actually, they are still using Chris Corley, who is no longer with the living. This is on-board with previous activities as they were using Don LaFontaine more than a decade after he had joined the deceased as well.

7 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

They haven't modified their loops or added new opens. Actually, they are still using Chris Corley, who is no longer with the living. This is on-board with previous activities as they were using Don LaFontaine more than a decade after he had joined the deceased as well.

This is just the news fanboy in me, but this was a missed opportunity to bring back the “News Comes First” slogan. Lord knows they could use something else that differentiates them from their corporate cousin. 

62B6114B-AA46-4EE8-88F9-5415B37A5E9B.jpeg

KSAZ began using them today (funnily enough on the 25th anniversary of becoming a Fox affiliate). Big upgrade. They changed the opens, which are now using normal Beyond instead of the "Just You Watch The Best Signature" custom they've been using since the pack debuted. So there are new opens in this package. Some of the franchises, like "Caught on Camera", have their graphic pop up briefly above the station logo.

There are also new talent rejoins. The typeface is Plak Neue, which ties them to the new Trollback + Company network look. It looks like Graphik but it isn't.

The lower thirds text is an order of magnitude smaller than the last version, and I wonder if they are going to change that. Long headlines do fit well, like "PHOENIX FIRE CHIEF DIAGNOSED WITH BREAST CANCER".

The graphics KSAZ are using use a blue L3 base instead of the white in the WTVT clips.

It finally feels like the presentation of these newscasts is of this era, something that had really not been true at FTS in a long time. This is especially true for KSAZ, where eras have often blended into one another in the last 15-20 years.

Sports still seems to have some of the station-side video wall graphics, which have a sheet metal/metal look to them... Jude La Cava did a tease at the end of the B block. Closed caption tags haven't changed, but they use a Streaming News/Global Grid cut after all these years, so that is not exactly surprising.

They've brought the weather in line sort of but it's still Helvetica and it doesn't feel quite right. The kite box logo (horizontal) is relegated to a video wall background which I think was made locally and some of the weather graphics.

Sports has the new stuff, but unfortunately they didn't have the team logos in the lower third for scores.

Archived