Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
noggi

New Fox O&O Graphics

Recommended Posts

The new look has officially begun its rollout today starting with WTVT, home of the Fox graphics hub.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have screenshots all I see is a sharp logo time-and-temp bug is it like FOX in New York Graphics Package.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it.

 

EE9-E4-CCB-D68-A-4-C27-A165-F73-AF76-EAF

 

ABBA8-A1-F-4-B55-46-EA-8635-92856826126-


A52-AF74-F-DA0-B-452-C-B39-A-F0-CA9037-C

 

99-FD8997-6-C4-F-439-E-A766-AA9073-F67-A

 

Looks like there isn’t a standardized open this time around. The new stingers looked slick too.

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they did a good job on the L3s and logo bug.   So much better than what WFTS just got.

 

My only suggestion is they make the reporter name and 'live' bug bigger.  Other than that, I give it a 9/10.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually like the package WITI has currently, but it looks like if they wanted, they could slot in the O&O package pretty easily once the sale is finalized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The L3s sort of remind me of WPIX/KCPQ/WPHL's look, to an extent.

 

Here's what it looks like with a ticker:

Screenshot_20191210-081452_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Georgie56
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, you can expect a lot of FOX O&Os are getting new graphics soon. Especially KDFW, KTBC and KRIV. And since WTVT is first with new graphics, cross out the list.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is definitely better than the old look. The old look was really getting stale, especially whenever they'd add a scrolling red bar like "NEWS ALERT" across the top of the old lower thirds. I hope they don't do anything like that with these new graphics.

 

Also neat how the red gets replaced by yellow for the morning daypart.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember someone awhile back saying the O&O's wanted to distance themselves from the News Channel, but these new graphics more closely align them again.

They even look like something the FNC/FBN graphics dept. would produce.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TheRyan said:

 

WTVT1.JPG

WTVT2.JPG

 

12 hours ago, C Block said:

 

EE9-E4-CCB-D68-A-4-C27-A165-F73-AF76-EAF

 

ABBA8-A1-F-4-B55-46-EA-8635-92856826126-


A52-AF74-F-DA0-B-452-C-B39-A-F0-CA9037-C

 

99-FD8997-6-C4-F-439-E-A766-AA9073-F67-A

 

 

4 hours ago, Georgie56 said:

 

Screenshot_20191210-081452_Chrome.jpg

That new Fox O&O graphics package doesn't look too bad.  Looks nice.  I'd imagine remaining Fox O&O's getting updated in the New Year ahead of the Super Bowl.  What would also be interesting to see is whether new "Beyond" music package from Stephen Arnold is fully implemented, and the "Fox Affiliate News Theme" from OSI is fully retired.  With Fox swapping Charlotte to Nexstar, in exchange for Nexstar swapping Seattle and Milwaukee to Fox, I kind of doubting WJZY would see graphics makeover.  KCPQ and WITI, it'd probably late Spring or early Summer when they'd get graphics makeover.  We'll see.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like it kept the good graphical open with a flat later L3 and OTS it's pretty good likeable better than Scripps. Just the way I saw it they keep the non-flat graphical opens and look but change over everything else. It's an incomplete package or two packages or just one with a different intro card it makes fox look unique. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious to see how KTVU will implement the logo in the box since they strictly promote the Laser 2 circle and not FOX. 
 

They still use the OSI Good Day theme for their 9am show as well as the OSI Fox theme on it’s title card graphics “Top Stories, Developing News, etc.”

 

however....The new lower thirds are much better and have much more text room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's this? A new flat design that TVNT isn't having a hemorrhage over? Mark the time and date!

 

This is a fresh look based on the provided screen caps. Good work. Arguably what Scripps v3 should have been.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SFTV said:

 

4 hours ago, MidwestTV said:

What's this? A new flat design that TVNT isn't having a hemorrhage over? Mark the time and date!

 

This is a fresh look based on the provided screen caps. Good work. Arguably what Scripps v3 should have been.

 

Right? This look kinda feels dated at launch but is miles ahead of what they had. Good for them.

Edited by noggi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inter

7 hours ago, Big Country News said:

I remember someone awhile back saying the O&O's wanted to distance themselves from the News Channel, but these new graphics more closely align them again.

They even look like something the FNC/FBN graphics dept. would produce.

 

Yeah, I noticed no searchlights on the WTVT bug. Most likely to also distance themselves from Disney's 20th Century Fox branding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2019 at 2:17 PM, atlnewsfan03 said:

 

 

That new Fox O&O graphics package doesn't look too bad.  Looks nice.  I'd imagine remaining Fox O&O's getting updated in the New Year ahead of the Super Bowl.  What would also be interesting to see is whether new "Beyond" music package from Stephen Arnold is fully implemented, and the "Fox Affiliate News Theme" from OSI is fully retired.  With Fox swapping Charlotte to Nexstar, in exchange for Nexstar swapping Seattle and Milwaukee to Fox, I kind of doubting WJZY would see graphics makeover.  KCPQ and WITI, it'd probably late Spring or early Summer when they'd get graphics makeover.  We'll see.

 

Maybe, but a lot of time graphic packages are rolled out all at once. I recall the former NBC O&Os still getting the graphics update although they were in the process of being sold. WJZY needs a makeover and I wouldn't mind this look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

They haven't modified their loops or added new opens. Actually, they are still using Chris Corley, who is no longer with the living. This is on-board with previous activities as they were using Don LaFontaine more than a decade after he had joined the deceased as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

 

They haven't modified their loops or added new opens. Actually, they are still using Chris Corley, who is no longer with the living. This is on-board with previous activities as they were using Don LaFontaine more than a decade after he had joined the deceased as well.

This is just the news fanboy in me, but this was a missed opportunity to bring back the “News Comes First” slogan. Lord knows they could use something else that differentiates them from their corporate cousin. 
 

62B6114B-AA46-4EE8-88F9-5415B37A5E9B.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KSAZ began using them today (funnily enough on the 25th anniversary of becoming a Fox affiliate). Big upgrade. They changed the opens, which are now using normal Beyond instead of the "Just You Watch The Best Signature" custom they've been using since the pack debuted. So there are new opens in this package. Some of the franchises, like "Caught on Camera", have their graphic pop up briefly above the station logo.

 

There are also new talent rejoins. The typeface is Plak Neue, which ties them to the new Trollback + Company network look. It looks like Graphik but it isn't.

 

The lower thirds text is an order of magnitude smaller than the last version, and I wonder if they are going to change that. Long headlines do fit well, like "PHOENIX FIRE CHIEF DIAGNOSED WITH BREAST CANCER".

 

The graphics KSAZ are using use a blue L3 base instead of the white in the WTVT clips.

 

It finally feels like the presentation of these newscasts is of this era, something that had really not been true at FTS in a long time. This is especially true for KSAZ, where eras have often blended into one another in the last 15-20 years.

 

Sports still seems to have some of the station-side video wall graphics, which have a sheet metal/metal look to them... Jude La Cava did a tease at the end of the B block. Closed caption tags haven't changed, but they use a Streaming News/Global Grid cut after all these years, so that is not exactly surprising.

 

They've brought the weather in line sort of but it's still Helvetica and it doesn't feel quite right. The kite box logo (horizontal) is relegated to a video wall background which I think was made locally and some of the weather graphics.

 

Sports has the new stuff, but unfortunately they didn't have the team logos in the lower third for scores.

Edited by Samantha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Samantha said:

The graphics KSAZ are using use a blue L3 base instead of the white in the WTVT clips.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using TVNewsTalk you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.