WDAF using the Fox ’98 package

plzstandby

50 minutes ago, plzstandby said:

Sorry for the phone recording, it was weird hearing this old package during the bumper instead of beyond, WDAF has never used the package in the past to my knowledge. Gave me a KVRR flashback 

IMG_1805.MOV

Woah. That's pretty interesting to me. I think WDAF thought that was the football cut from its FOX Sports NFL package instead. Lol.

2 hours ago, plzstandby said:

Sorry for the phone recording, it was weird hearing this old package during the bumper instead of beyond, WDAF has never used the package in the past to my knowledge. Gave me a KVRR flashback 

IMG_1805.MOV

Wow, that's really cool to hear that package in use again!

2 hours ago, TheRob said:

I had difficulty picking up all the audio in that clip, but we usually add music live, and usually from the hard drive. I've seen plenty of old production music CDs down there, though.

Maybe it was freely distributed to a bunch of Fox stations back in the day, which is why a lot of smaller-market affiliates used it? That would be my guess.

• 1 month later...

Using headphones, Listen closely at the :17 mark... you hear the squeak that News Music Now puts in their tracks....

Listening to the headline theme on NMN, you hear the squeak at the :17 mark. http://www.newsmusicnow.com/player.php?id=2085

Either Fox got short on time and was desperate to use that track so they pulled it off of NMN or this is some kind of resync. 

On 12/6/2019 at 10:59 AM, plzstandby said:

On 1/12/2020 at 11:45 PM, HoosierNewsie said:

Using headphones, Listen closely at the :17 mark... you hear the squeak that News Music Now puts in their tracks....

Listening to the headline theme on NMN, you hear the squeak at the :17 mark. http://www.newsmusicnow.com/player.php?id=2085

Either Fox got short on time and was desperate to use that track so they pulled it off of NMN or this is some kind of resync. 

Oh I heard it, a few times. They totally lifted that track off News Music Now.

Archived