November 2019 Sweeps Extravaganza

MarkBRollins88_v2

7 minutes ago, oknewsguy said:

WATN has always been the KOKH of Memphis, young news department that can't really gain any form of traction whatsover

I'll keep this brief but it won't get any better with Tegna.  Nexstar was the best thing to happen to WATN.  With Tegna, their fate has been sealed--sadly.

Nothing from Atlanta (yet), but my guess is that WGCL continued to make gains against WSB (especially at 4:00 thanks to Dr. Oz now as their lead-in) and WAGA.

As for primetime? I think WAGA (with The Masked Singer, Thursday Night Football, and WWE Smackdown) cleaned WSB’s clock in both 18-49s and 25-54s; The Voice on WXIA probably beat Dancing With The Stars (which was also, love him or hate him, The Sean Spicer Show) on Monday nights. Of course, I could be dead wrong.

8 hours ago, TheRyan said:

I'll keep this brief but it won't get any better with Tegna.  Nexstar was the best thing to happen to WATN.  With Tegna, their fate has been sealed--sadly.

I don't think that's a bad thing. Tegna may help things in all honesty given how Nexstar got zero traction.

7 hours ago, TheRyan said:

Perhaps Hearst...maybe.  I will say that it would've been a huge bet on Hearst's part.

Paging WJCL to the white courtesy phone...

2 hours ago, rkolsen said:

WJZ is now saying #1 Late News with no subtext or saying what demo or anything. 

Lol...

"Number one...Because we say so."

I love it!

It's just like saying you have the worlds best coffee...prove that ya don't.

2 hours ago, Eat News said:

Lol...

"Number one...Because we say so."

I love it!

It's just like saying you have the worlds best coffee...prove that ya don't.

I mean at least  WBAL puts some context all newscasts mentioning Nielsen Live+SD and 18+.

6 hours ago, rkolsen said:

WJZ is now saying #1 Late News with no subtext or saying what demo or anything. 

We had a station in our market that did something like this. They were in 3rd or 4th place in every time slot, but they ended every newscast by saying “Thanks for making us your #1 choice for news.” Loose enough phrasing to work, but incredibly deceptive. 

43 minutes ago, Greggo said:

We had a station in our market that did something like this. They were in 3rd or 4th place in every time slot, but they ended every newscast by saying “Thanks for making us your #1 choice for news.” Loose enough phrasing to work, but incredibly deceptive. 

Technically if someone is watching that newscast it IS their #1 choice for news, lol. Maybe just not the rest of the market's.

Archived