Tribune Nexstarization

AJClementeFan69

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/5/2020 at 11:25 AM, oknewsguy said:

This might explain why KFOR made the on-screen bug the way they did.

Should KFOR migrate to the Nexstar NBC graphics, it would match their "neighbors" KFDX, KAMR, KSNW, KSNF, KNWA, and KTAL, all use the Nexstar NBC package.

WXIN and WTTV have ditched their Tribune looks. 

Not surprising FOX59 has picked up the Nexstar FOX package and Beyond. 

WTTV has picked up the Nexstar CBS package and CBS Local (I believe)

8 minutes ago, who?cares said:

But the others were so much better!

WTTV has picked up Guardian.

3 minutes ago, ABC 7 Denver said:

But the others were so much better!

WTTV has picked up Guardian.

I only heard half of a weather stinger when I thought it was CBS Local. 

I’m not a fan of the CBS Graphics Package. 

12 minutes ago, who?cares said:

I only heard half of a weather stinger when I thought it was CBS Local. 

I’m not a fan of the CBS Graphics Package. 

I'm really not a big fan of anything on air right now, Linear Drift included. WLS is the exception.

6 hours ago, who?cares said:

Why tf would they do that? They had unique looks. Nexstar obviously super strict on this stuff anymore, especially if WKBN jusr comissioned Impact V7.

13 hours ago, jbnews said:

Why tf would they do that? They had unique looks. Nexstar obviously super strict on this stuff anymore, especially if WKBN jusr comissioned Impact V7.

WXIN's look was not unique, it was the Tribune FOX package lol.  

For what it's worth, WXIN's graphics are about 80% transitioned to the new package.  The Ticker and some of the transition graphics are still the old ones.

18 hours ago, jbnews said:

As I understand it, there is no creative director currently at WXIN/WTTV--so this may have been mandated from corporate.

Normally I really like the Nexstar CBS pkg and Fox pkg.   But I'm not really liking the way WTTV implemented the CBS gfx.  Honestly they looked better with the previous pkg...

The Fox gfx on WXIN is pretty good.

19 hours ago, TheRyan said:

Normally I really like the Nexstar CBS pkg and Fox pkg.   But I'm not really liking the way WTTV implemented the CBS gfx.  Honestly they looked better with the previous pkg...

The Fox gfx on WXIN is pretty good.

The CBS Package, while a step up from the old Look N, has some faults. Namely, it's incredibly basic, and if you don't use them exactly as they were intended, they have a tendency to look quite bland or just plain awkward.

With their FOX/NBC/Generic (WISH) package, they seem to have more moving parts that can be adjusted to fit the situation. I've always wondered if the CBS Package was their first strike at eliminating safe title, and they just threw it into the wild without fine-tuning some of its other elements.

On 3/14/2020 at 6:11 PM, JCB4TV said:

KFOR has apparently reverted to their Tribune L3.

20200314_230200000_iOS.png

20200314_230209000_iOS.png

20200314_230231000_iOS.png

They reverted back on Friday. Frankly, they could have made the Nexstar ticker and bug work if they used the font associated with their current package (whatever that is, I don’t know if it’s Karibu or something else; there are a few fonts that look similar to it). It just didn’t look right with Lato, especially how the bug was set with that font. The time, temperature and website/hashtag weren’t spaced well, when compared to the normal graphic-set font.

As far as the Nexstar Fox and CBS graphics, I think they would look better in larger markets like Indianapolis and St. Louis if they replaced Lato with something like Barlow (the font used for the WISH package on all stations that have implemented that package) and maybe made modifications to the L3s and OTS graphics (either layout or coloring).

2 minutes ago, T.L. Hughes said:

They reverted back on Friday. Frankly, they could have made the Nexstar ticker and bug work if they used the font associated with their current package (whatever that is, I don’t know if it’s Karibu or something else; there are a few fonts that look similar to it). It just didn’t look right with Lato, especially how the bug was set with that font. The time, temperature and website/hashtag weren’t spaced well, when compared to the normal graphic-set font.

I imagine KFOR is probably redoing the time/temp bug/website to create more space for those 3.

When it first rolled out, while I was glad they made the bug smaller and to fit with the L3rds, however they made the time, temperature bug and website not only in a bit of a strange font but a bit too small as well.

I imagine Nexstar is correcting that problem and will have it fixed as soon as possible.

I wonder, perhaps the revert wasn't intentional? That looks like a closings ticker, which (if it's anything like our station), is run by a different system and is at the very bottom of the list during a graphics update

At any rate, they should take the time to 100% tailor a current Nexstar package to KFOR (Think WISH or WKRN) before they roll it out. I've never understood replacing a look piece by piece unless they're marginal updates, and KFOR deserves one seamless roll-out. 

7 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

I wonder, perhaps the revert wasn't intentional? That looks like a closings ticker, which (if it's anything like our station), is run by a different system and is at the very bottom of the list during a graphics update

At any rate, they should take the time to 100% tailor a current Nexstar package to KFOR (Think WISH or WKRN) before they roll it out. I've never understood replacing a look piece by piece unless they're marginal updates, and KFOR deserves one seamless roll-out. 

This...

I think it's the right thing to do to let KFOR revert back to the previous package (for now) and make sure to get every single thing right for KFOR.

On 3/16/2020 at 10:36 PM, oknewsguy said:

This...

I think it's the right thing to do to let KFOR revert back to the previous package (for now) and make sure to get every single thing right for KFOR.

KFOR did revert back to the modified bug and Nexstar ticker this morning (Wednesday). The bug text is the arranged in the same kinda crowded way it was when the typeface was switched to Lato the first time.

1 minute ago, T.L. Hughes said:

KFOR did revert back to the modified bug and Nexstar ticker this morning (Wednesday). The bug text is the arranged in the same kinda crowded way it was when the typeface was first switched to Lato.

I did notice a slight difference that the time and temperature was spaced out but the website and temperature was not spaced out very well imo

Archived